No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone,

I found this site through a good friend of mine who is going through the same battle as I am. We decided to support each other with our demons and look forward to digging in to do as much reading.

Looking forward in starting my quest. I think I'm ready but I also know it will not be easy.

Mistyblue

Mistyblue, Hello and welcome. What a great way to go through this, with a friend. You will find lots of kind understanding and knowlegable folks here.

Comment

Welcome, Misty! You will find much wisdom and support here. We all face the same battles and learn so much from other's experiences. This journey is not easy, but there are tools available to make it better. The MWO book, the supplements and the support here are all very valuable tools.
      Keep coming back, keep posting. I look forward to getting to know you.

I am starting over again, myself. I had great success with the program and fell back into my old ways over the summer. I look forward to re-connecting with my old friends and finding new ones.

Shelby
      "PAIN IS JUST WEAKNESS LEAVING THE BODY!" USMC

Comment

Ciao bella

So glad you decided to join and let's do this together!

:l
        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Thankyou for the kind words and encouragement :h

Ah my Sunshine!!! there's my girl! Yes we will do this together and looking forward to the journey here :thanks:

Comment

Welcome Misty & Sunshine. I too am new here! I envy you two - you have each other for support whereas I don't dare tell most of my friends - they may suspect but we don't talk about it. The one friend that does is also in the same boat as me and most of our conversations are surrounded by booze.....:upset:
            :new: Jas56

Comment

Jas56;461639 wrote: Welcome Misty & Sunshine. I too am new here! I envy you two - you have each other for support whereas I don't dare tell most of my friends - they may suspect but we don't talk about it. The one friend that does is also in the same boat as me and most of our conversations are surrounded by booze.....:upset:
              Wow- think I'm in the same boat as you guys.

Comment

misty, match & jas, :welcome:

Good for all of you! You won't regret this, I guarantee it! Good to see you again, sunshine, how awesome you're bringing a friend with you. :l

It's great you've all found this site. It's helped me so much. I hope you read the My Way Out book.

Take care,
                Becoming
                "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Welcome Misty, Sunshine, Matchee and Jas --- ,I am like you, Jas and Matchee ---- I'm doing this on my own as well. I have discussed my drinking concerns with my Sister-In-Law (who drinks just as much as I do, but she's not ready to quit), and one other friend who is a drinker as well, but probably not as much as I am. But the attempting to quit part, I'm keeping to myself for now (even from hubby --- although I did tell him I'm cutting back, so that he won't wonder why I'm not opening wine every night). That's why this site is so helpful to me .... I can discuss my concerns and struggles here without judgement, and also find support when I need it, and hopefully I'll be able to give some as well.
                  Good Luck all on your AF journey!

Comment

Working...
                  X