New Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Today

Found this site a few days ago and was blown away, there is hope. My hubbie was told to stop drinking for health reasons last month. I know I need to,I went to AA twice last year and it made me feel yucky, quilty and without hope. I subscribed to this website so got the book today online, and the herb on its way. I ordered the CD's for abstinence. I am happy and scared. I am afraid if I make it and my husband does not it will ruin us. We do have fun when we drink, but too much is not good. Which is not helping is health. What can I do to encourage him and keep my hopes up ? I can't wait until the CD's arrive. I am scared to take the Topamax because of the side effects. So hoping the Z. herb, will help. i already have some milk thistle and L-Glutamine. didn't know they were good for the detox. just hoping this time will work. thanks to all of you, and your support:thanks:

New Today

So glad you stopped by!

You are in a good and safe place. It is hard to hit that submit button the first time, but now that's over with. And it's nothing like standing up in front of all those people in the AA meetings! I look forward to getting to know you better. I wish you and your husband all the best.

I had really good luck with the kudzu immediately helping me with the cravings.

You are in a good place here!

periwinkle :l (a hug for you)
    Even baby mountain goats must learn to tackle the smallest mountains first. sigpic

Comment

New Today

Welcome MeowNow!!
      I agree with Periwinkle about the Kudzu. I also like the CDs, just need to listen to them more often. It's kind of an exciting time, isnt' it? Good luck!!
      SW :welcome:

Comment

New Today

Oh, and the other thing, I'm taking 100mg/day of Topamax, and don't experience any side effects, except reduced cravings. Yay!!

Comment

New Today

Welcome
          You have found a very safe place toi share how you feel. Have you shared this site with your husband?? I wish you both the best on your journey. Just reading and posting will help too!!

Comment

New Today

Welcome Meow......Your at the right place. Lots of help here and friends. IAD.
            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
            Dr. Seuss

Comment

New Today

thanks to all of you. I made a doc appt to see about Antabuse, anyone used with good results ?

Comment

New Today

MeowNow;462730 wrote: thanks to all of you. I made a doc appt to see about Antabuse, anyone used with good results ?
                Welcome! There's a whole, long, thread about antabuse; several people who are actively posting here these days are using antabuse and they say that it is helping them a lot.... you can find the thread in the forum directory, under "medication" or something similar...

best wishes,

wip

Comment

New Today

Meow, welcome and hang onto that hope. With that, MWO and the lovely people here, you can do it.:l
                  You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

New Today

Welcome you are among friends
                    we are here for you

dlw
                    30 days AV
                    DLW
                    Sobriety since October 2008 ( with a few bumps in the road ) - but I am still here, strong and fighting every day for my sobriety!
                    And every day is a challenge - But I am WINNING so far!

• Yesterday is History
                      Today is a Mystery
                      Tomorrow is a GIFT

Comment

Working...
                    X