Can I do this again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I do this again

Why is it so hard to get back on track? I went from Jan 7 to Jun 21 with no alcohol but now it's hard to get back on track. please help

Can I do this again

mya, it is hard to get going again. I know. BUT it is most certainly do-able!

What have you done, just lately, to re-establish a program?

Sometimes it is hard to start again because we don't fully recognize that we truly do have to start at Day 1 again, and we really do have to take all the steps: mental, physical, emotional, and behavioral. Supplements, exercise, hypnotherapy, meditation, good nutrition, careful management of our environment (including our thinking), and coming here to get a lot of support, all are important elements of a good program. Possibly medication, as well.

best wishes,

wip

Comment

Can I do this again

All things WIP said are true, with the Thinking part being the most important, imho.

And it's also the hardest... We often refer in addiction to battling The Demon or The Beast. In essence, they are the thoughts that cause you justify "just one" (or more!).

I am unemployed and money is Tight - but my last justification for spending money on a bottle of wine was: Well, if I do my own nails instead of going to nail salon, I'll save $14.... so I can buy a bottle for $7 and save $7!!! HUH??????

In retrospect, it was so STUPID. But at the time, it seem Genius. LOL.

I think it helps to really Feel your sobriety. Feel the good things, the clarity of mind, the energy... I had first hangover in a very long time yesterday. I Hated that feeling!! I was looking forward to a good night's sleep last night so that I could wake up feeling GOOD.
      Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

Can I do this again

Mya, I think WIP has the answer.....you have to change your mindset and change your routine. Get back into the mode of taking aggressive steps to change this part of your life that's causing the pain. You can do it....you know you can....but, you have to be proactive...you can't just wait and hope that you will magically quit drinking. It didn't happen that way in January and it's not going to now..

You can do it, Mya....:l

Don

Comment

Can I do this again

I can't afford NOT to do it again....think of it that way....instead of ...can I do this again. Lord knows I know it is hard to get back on the wagon after you have fallen off and been literally run over by it, by you have no choice if you want any kind of life. AND I KNOW YOU DO.....We all want to live and be happy and to do that we have to get out of the bottle.
          Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Can I do this again

Think about what worked for you before, and what caused you to start drinking again. We have to understand that at somepoint we may not get a 'do over'. You've gotten one this time. Read WIP's post again, and make a plan, then stick to it. Come here if you feel weak, and stay here til you find people you feel helpful to you, people who can talk you thru your crises. It feels so good to come out on the other side sober. Best of luck to you. Talk to us anytime.
            Rubes
            sigpic
            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Can I do this again

YOU CAN DO IT YOU CAN DO IT YOU CAN DO IT YOU CAN DO IT YOU CAN DO IT

Just come back to MWO for your support

DLW
              30 days AF !!!!!!!!!!!
              DLW
              Sobriety since October 2008 ( with a few bumps in the road ) - but I am still here, strong and fighting every day for my sobriety!
              And every day is a challenge - But I am WINNING so far!

• Yesterday is History
                Today is a Mystery
                Tomorrow is a GIFT

Comment

Can I do this again

Mya
                You did it before and you can do it again. Believe in yourself just as all of us believe in you.

Comment

Can I do this again

mya,

Did something trigger you to go off? A major life change? No great words of wisdom here, just some love and support :l :l :l

Becoming
                  "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Can I do this again

No major life change, just went on vacation and thought I could moderate boy was I wrong, now I know I can't mod.
                    So today is day 1 and I will do what I did before and come here everyday and read read read

Comment

Working...
                    X