Anyone have dreams about drinking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, I have been AF for over 3 weeks and going strong............last night I had a horrible dream that I screwed it all up, got drunk, fought horribly with my husband, and ended up passing out somewhere. It was a weird dream but the fact that I blew it was horrible and woke me up in a sweat. Is this part of the process or the effects of a bowl of mint choc. chip ice cream right before I fell asleep? :cupajoe:

Sherip,

The drinking dreams are quite common. I have read many long termers still have them once in a while.

It is okay, I think just your brain trying to deal with the new lifestyle. Isn't it good it scared you? I shows how much you want to stay sober.

Not sure the ice cream had anything to do with it.

Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

It's part of the process. So keep eating the ice cream :H. I'm going on 5 months and I just woke up from a bad dream and a part of it was the 1/2 beer I realized I drank. Although it was just 1/2 a beer, I was horrified. I've had a few - some in which I drink and some in which I recognize myself as a non-drinker. They are puzzling to me - I know nothing about dream analysis - and I'm just thankful they are just dreams.
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

greeneyes;464562 wrote: It's part of the process. So keep eating the ice cream :H.
        :H haha greenie!

I'm into 4 months and just now having the weird dreams ~ being asked to dance, thinking I can't possibly dance without being drunk enough - or the other night I had a glass of champagne (in my dream) and blacked out the entire night. Oh, the horror of what might have happened, no way of knowing and being too ashamed to ask anyone!
        You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

Working...
        X