ODAT - MONDAY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - MONDAY

HERE we are ODATers! Brand new week! Hope everyone had a good weekend. Successful one too!

Had my sister visiting and I picked up a new hobby and got a start on my resume. Unfortunately, I caught my finger in the car door and it is swollen, hot, purple and red, and throbbing. I can't even type with it. OUCH! The right index finger is I guess the most inconvenient. OK, enough whining. The new hobby is letterboxing. You can get an idea of it at letterboxing.org, but I use atlasquest.com. It's like a treasure hunt. We had some really good meals including a picnic at a park by a river. Beautiful weather. she drank glasses of wine here and there which didn't phase me.

Have a great day!
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

ODAT - MONDAY

Morning Odaters!

I hope everyone had a great weekend. I moderated successfully but I think its time to get some more AF days under my belt. I was without internet most of last week except for at work so now that I'm back up and running at home I intend to be on here a bit more.

Busy day and week for me - I'm really tired and think it's almost time for a holiday - can't wait till Christmas is here so we can spend some time with family and get away from the hassles of work for a couple of days.

Hope everyone has a great day,
    Love and Hugs
    Uni
    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
    :h

Comment

ODAT - MONDAY

Hey, 'mornin, Greenie - and all to come!

Never heard of letterboxing - sounds fun. But it looks like you have to have a "group" in your area?

Yesterday was a bit wobbly (as I call it!). Made it thru! I'm learning that even if you go AF for a period of time, it IS a setback if you fall off even for a day. It puts those thoughts back into your mind... uch:

It's like if you make 10 days AF, then ONE day not, instead of starting at Day 11... you start at maybe Day 2!!

(Still not as bad as Day 1, right??)

Onward & Forward! It's a bright, new, Shiny day here in FL... :banana:

Hope ALL have a great day!
      Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

ODAT - MONDAY

Oh COOOL. My new avatar worked (it was on my computer)...

Takes so little to thrill me! :H
        Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

ODAT - MONDAY

Good morning everyone! Day 5 and going strong! Unfortunately that "someone is choking me" sensation is back. Dammitall. Last night I found a good drink - Fresca with OJ. My husband said "now all you need is Vodka". Yes, the man is an ASS!

Comment

ODAT - MONDAY

Morning.....

DEcent weekend.....made it thru without hubby and having a drink. He got home and I asked him if he thought I would and he said 'No, I know you are stronger than that'...Awww.....he doesn't normally say that......

Anyway...a day of dr's appts, cleaning bathrooms and groceries for me, I know, please don't envy my glamorous life!!!!! LMAO!!!!

Cxo

ps. thurs is 30 days!
            AF July 6 2014

Comment

ODAT - MONDAY

Hey greenie, letterboxing sounds like fun! I'm trying to get back into knitting.
              uni, I'm in the same boat. I had some AF days under my belt, successful modding days, then the day before yesterday I went one over my mod and yesterday 2 over my mod so it's AF today for me.
              savon, your new avatar is too groovy!
              dingbat, I love fresca and your husband sounds EXACTLY like mine!

Have a great day ODATers. My phones are ringing off the wall. I just want to go back in bed and crawl under the covers with my dog and never come out.

Take care,
              Be
              "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

ODAT - MONDAY

christy, I look forward to congratulating you on the big 30! Maybe you can inspire me!
                Be
                "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

ODAT - MONDAY

oh, what is letterboxing?
                  AF July 6 2014

Comment

ODAT - MONDAY

Good day all ODATer's ---- after a successful Friday evening of modding and feeling so good about that, I blew it Saturday and Sunday. I had an unexpected invitation to visit Australia again this February for about 4 weeks.... and with all the searching for flights and excitement of this trip, I succumbed to celebrating with too much wine.
                    I don't know how to get past this need to use AL to celebrate.

So I need to get lots of AF days in now to get back to where I felt I was Friday. The good thing I've noticed is that I am having more AF days (during the week anyway) than I've ever had before, so I gain encouragement from that.

Today I will not drink! Have a great day everyone!

Comment

ODAT - MONDAY

Day 51. Fifty-one. Fifty. One. Days.

In addition, my 5 year old son just told me he loves my hair. What more could I ask for today?

Comment

ODAT - MONDAY

Good Day All ODATers
                        Just a quick check in as I am exhausted from working all night. I do not think that I will get much rest today. My car is in the shop, so far $300 just to pass state inspection. Ugh. Also playing phone tag with the mortgage co. Day 7 AF today. I should be ok at least until the weekend. Have a great day all.:bedtime:
                        "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

ODAT - MONDAY

Noma'am --- AMAZING! Well done! Congratulations! You're inspiring! Have a wonderful day!

Comment

ODAT - MONDAY

Sea --- get to bed and get some rest!

Comment

ODAT - MONDAY

Morning ODAT peeps!!

Nice fresh start to the week for all of us?? Seems like there are a number of us who have the "weekend drinking" issue. Every monday seems to be a new start for me!!!! Grrrrllll Quiet around my work today, as tomorrow is Rembrance Day - stat holiday. So the kids are all off school today and tomorrow, and to my surprise it seems the university students are off too!!! Not many students around my building today, and my little caffeteria where I get coffee from is closed!!! And I really needed a coffee!!

So impressed with you Noma'am!!! You must feel great!!

I am very sleepy - didn't drink at the hash run yesterday, which was good as we were on the otherside of town, it snowed yesterday, little ice pellets, and the roads were treacherous!!!! (I am the usual driver for several of us!) I have become a paranoid driver. I did drink some wine when I got home though - naughty - and had to talk to my daughter on the phone while she went through a meltdown in the middle of the night. Wish I could help her - I'm trying to convince her to move back here so i can get her the help she needs. It's a battle trying to convince her though!!

So here's to another week full of successful AF days for all you ODTAers!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for me!!!
                              xoxo peanut

Comment

Working...
                              X