Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling Great

Hi All,
    Just a few words to tell you how great I am feeling. I went a full 10 days AF and then mildly slipped for 4 nights (all because of a single glass of wine). I realy fealt like a looser. However I got back up on the horse and carried on riding the AF trail. Mo meds, no sups just cold turkey and white nuckle determination.
    I had a slight change of approach which I find has helped a lot. Instead of feeling that I had to start at the beginning again after the slip I see it as 4 bad days out of 20, the rest of which have been AF - makes me feel as if I have achieved something. So the date that I decided to change my life for the better still stays at 21 October - though not entirely AF for the entire time. For those of you who read my previous post I dealt with the wine tasting by not dealing with it - I just didnt go and to heck with expectations of others - picked up a bit of flask but so what?
    This morning I felt realy great with so much energy and enthusiasm despite a DW who has not so much as said a word about my changed habits and still sleeps in a different room. (I think I know now why I took to the bottle). Those of you who are battleing to make the commitment - just do it - it is so good to wake up clear headed and no problem remembering what I may have said or done the night before.
    I am so impressed with those of you who so freely give of your time to encourage, nurse and tend to those of us starting out! Keep up the good work.

John

Feeling Great

Just a quick note- I went to the funeral of a good friend today who succomed to altzheimers. I am meant to go to the wake tonight but dont think that wise. It may seem like a cop out but I dont need the pressure right now - mostly hard drinking people!

Comment

Feeling Great

WELL DONE YOU!!!

I too am novice with the AF. Also have succumbed I seemed to have it down to one day a week, which was a major improvement from my daily alcohol and drug binges for the past nine years. I too had enough. Like you I do not think oh well back to day one. I realize that this demon hangs on by a thread and eventually if I keep determined I will get there. You should be proud of yourself, because you are acheiving it. Sadly, booze is everywhere and I find that hard, to stay away from my friends because they are all pissheads but they seem to think it is ok. It is not ok for me and what I have noticed is my face is not bloated, my body is not swelling and my skin looks fresher and life is for living. I too feel better for not drinking and don't want to go back to my bad ways. WELL DONE TO YOU FOR DOING IT !!!! GIVE YOURSELF A BIG PAT ON THE BACK!!!!:goodjob::goodjob:

Comment

Feeling Great

WAY TO GO, JohnK!!! Great attitude, great work you are doing with your own mind-set, great work with dealing with the situations that are too risky right now.

Keep posting, take whatever help you can get (exercise, hypnotherapy, proper diet, supplements)... white knuckles can give out on a person...

wip

Comment

Feeling Great

Congratulations, JohnK! :wd:

Be
          "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Working...
          X