Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:new:

Hello everyone,
    This is my first time ever on a forum, so Im kind of confused on how it works. I am a 39 year old female. I have 3 children. My oldest son is 17, from my first marriage a long time ago. I got re-married in 2000 and have a 7 year old son and a 17 month old daughter with my current hubby.

I have been drinking, what I think is moderately for as long as I can remember. The only time I did not drink was when I was pregnant. My last pregnancy was the hardest to get through without drinking.

The last time I drank and got drunk was Friday 11/7, the last time I drank was Sat. 11/12 I had some wine at a friends house.

I do not drink every night, but I look forward to the nights that I can. Like tonight, I have no work tomorrow and my sister is coming over to watch Survivor with me. We will probably have some beers and that will be it. However, if I am around certain pepole I tend to ger carried away, and my husband gets annoyed. He knows that if I have a gorlfriend over or if I go to a freinds house we are going to drink. This usually happens on the weekends.

Since this past Feb. a cousin of my husbands has been staying with us. He has become some what of a drinking partner. As time goes on we drink together more often at home. I'm not sure what that means..I'm just trying to be honest about what is going on in my life.

When I know I can have a few drinks at home, it helps me to deal with: the"witching hour" you know when we all walk int he the house at the same time after school and work. The teenager who isn't home from school yet, the 7 year old who keeps calling my name desperate for my attention because the 17month old is right under my feet in the kitchen while I try to cook dinner. Sorry I started to ramble.

I'm working on modertion. Should I buy the book first....?
    :teeter:JAMMS

"I'm safe.. up high...no one can touch me...why do I feel this party's over?...."

"no pain..inside...you're my protection...how do I feel this good SOBER?!"

Hi Jamms, welcome. There are a lot of people here with experience and good advice.
    Sounds like the cousin is a potential bad influence. Try staying clear of him.
    Good luck.

Comment

Hi Jamms and :welcome:

You have come to a good place, and yes, starting with the book will give you a good idea how it all works and how this place came to be. Then you can decide what you think will work for you.

Good Luck to you
      :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Hi Jamms,

Welcome! Sounds like you're struggling with some questions about your drinking. You did find your way to this site in some fashion and start a new thread. Good for you! That says that something is telling you that at least something isn't right with your drinking. Your husband apparently is finding it at least "annoying" so that indicates a problem. There are stages to drinking problems. Could be that you are in an early stage? I don't know, just a question. Like akgirl suggested reading the MWO book is a great place to start.
        I hope that you will get some more replies as people get off work. The forum seems to be a bit slow this afternoon.

I'm glad you are here! You can download the MWO book from this forum or you can order it to come by mail. Either way, you can read a bunch of posts here and get what ever support you need. There are lots of people here to offer lots of support!

periwinkle
        Even baby mountain goats must learn to tackle the smallest mountains first. sigpic

Comment

:hello2::colorwelcome::wave::groupluv:
          :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
          best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Hi Jamms, Welcome, You are walking in my footsteps from 10 years ago. And I turned into a closet Drinker. When you use AL to take the edge off of your day, or find drinking companions, the snowball is rolling, and I can tell you that you will find more excuses to drink than Not to.
            Read the posts from MYO fellow members- we are all in this together
            DLW
            35 Days AF

Yesterday is history- Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift!
            DLW
            Sobriety since October 2008 ( with a few bumps in the road ) - but I am still here, strong and fighting every day for my sobriety!
            And every day is a challenge - But I am WINNING so far!

• Yesterday is History
              Today is a Mystery
              Tomorrow is a GIFT

Comment

Hi Jamms and welcome :welcome:

I strongly reading the MWO book. There's a reason you're here but I think you already know that.

You're doing fine on the forum, I hope to read more of your posts soon. It sounds like you have a grasp on your situation and you realize you need some work as it's not completely healthy.

Take care, :l
              Becoming
              "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Jamms
                Welcome to MWO. You will find many supportive people who have been in your shoes and there is always someone here to help with words of support and advise. Good Luck on your journey.

Comment

Good luck Jamms:welcome:Your in good company here
                  ....ODAT works for me...

Comment

[QUOTE=JAMMS;467501]:new:

Since this past Feb. a cousin of my husbands has been staying with us. He has become some what of a drinking partner. As time goes on we drink together more often at home. I'm not sure what that means..I'm just trying to be honest about what is going on in my life.
                    QUOTE]

So the cousin jsut got home from work and has askedme if I will drive him to the store (Iwon't let him take my car alone) he said he just had 2 beers on the way home and is ready to "go".Now normally I would be out the door already....I know he wants to go get Al. Need a little help here...should I go take more kudzu?

"I'm safe.. up high...no one can touch me...why do I feel this party's over?...."

Comment

how to I take a quote from another post? I tried, guess it didn't work to well.

Comment

JAMMS...just tell that Cuz your tired, hungry, not in the mood, anything so that you don't drink. Drinking now will only start the journey over.

Comment

I didn't get a chance to say anything to him.... I didn't drive him but a friend of his took him....he's back with a 6 pack of coors lite for me, and I don't know what else for himself I just took another kudzu andI'm hiding in the kitchen making taco ring......

it's taco meat that you put into pilsbury crescent rolls with chedder chese and bake...then top with sour cream and salsa...yummy

Anyway....I think I'm gonna be ok.....don't have any urges but.....it's so close...my 17 year old is here also and I told him I don't feel like drinking tonight he said "so don't" so know that I said that to my son....it willbe easier for me not to drink......at least until he goes out.....I'm hanagin' in there......

Comment

It is ok to say no...also ok to dump it out.

Comment

i'm trying to really get in touch with my feeling right now....I do not feel like drinking, I will not pour them out...I don't even want to touch them right now......I want to stay AF for longer then 5 days...I wanted to stop for a while and then mod. that's my goal and I'm sticking to it......

Comment

Working...
                              X