Day 7 AF!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 7 AF!

Day 7 today hard to believe, seeing its been such a long time since just being able to get past 1 day. Funny how last December I thought I went at least 3 weeks, I was looking back on my posts to remember how awful I feel when I drink and realized I only went 11 days. Well, I am praying to make it past that 11 days this time. I was reading the toolbox thread and like what wip said about examining where the urge is coming from. Last urge I did something like that, I kept telling myself I don't want the beer it's my body that is craving it not my spirit and I got on here. I also remind myself that if I cave and have that beer I will feel horrible but if I just wait out for the urge to pass, I will feel great. It's better to go through a little discomfort for a short while than cave and feel like crap for days. But anyway here is to a happy and AF Sunday.

Twosox :l

Day 7 AF!

Yay for you! I think the physical part of the cravings gets easier after the first week or so, but then we have so many bad habits to change, often acquired over many years. Keep coming here, keep examining your thoughts and habits related to alcohol. There is a lot of support, and there are many tools available for you. But you will continue to need to add the determination.
    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Day 7 AF!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! WELL DONE!!!

wip

Comment

Day 7 AF!

TwoSox,

Yes, YAY!!

Keep it going!!

Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Day 7 AF!

Keep on keeping on.....stick around...
          Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Day 7 AF!

Awesome!
            "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

Day 7 AF!

Good for you twosox....

Comment

Day 7 AF!

Great job, twosox!

Be
                "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Day 7 AF!

Great job! I am right there with ya. I made it just a bit over three weeks and faltered. I've been struggliong with all my triggers and in a stressful time right now. But then again, when is life not stressful? Where was the toolbox post? I'd sure like to read some of what is there...Hang in there, I am with ya and can understand how easy it is to slip back. Be proud of the small triumphs. I am still proud that I did three weeks and am focusing on the fact that I did that and know next time will be 4 weeks, then maybe 5 weeks...its a long journey.

Comment

Day 7 AF!

CONTRATS TO YOU 7 days is great

DLW
                    AF 38 days
                    DLW
                    Sobriety since October 2008 ( with a few bumps in the road ) - but I am still here, strong and fighting every day for my sobriety!
                    And every day is a challenge - But I am WINNING so far!

• Yesterday is History
                      Today is a Mystery
                      Tomorrow is a GIFT

Comment

Day 7 AF!

Thats great to hear twosox. It sounds like you are becoming more aware of yourself and your triggers. That is a major step forward. Well done!
                      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Day 7 AF!

A week!! That's fabulous!! Keep upp that fantastic work!!!
                        sigpic
                        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Day 7 AF!

Thank you all for your support, can't believe tomorrow will be day 8, still I keep reminding myself to take it one day at a time. Went good today really no urges. Seila1 I looked through A Work In Progress posts and found it there, I'm not all that good finding the different threads either. Three weeks that's great.

Twosox

Comment

Day 7 AF!

Congratulations on the 7 days. Great job!!

Comment

Day 7 AF!

CONGRATS- Keep up the Good Work. But never let your guard down- watch out for the beast, he waits for us- at our vulnerable times. Keep Strong,
                              DLW
                              Sobriety since October 2008 ( with a few bumps in the road ) - but I am still here, strong and fighting every day for my sobriety!
                              And every day is a challenge - But I am WINNING so far!

• Yesterday is History
                                Today is a Mystery
                                Tomorrow is a GIFT

Comment

Working...
                              X