First Timer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Timer

First time here. Not sure really how to start out. I've been drinking heavily for 4 years and my wife has finally got fed up. She doesn't know nearly the amount that I consume since I hide it pretty good. I drink mostly because I am bored, I have a good life, great boys and a great job. I also have gained 70 Lbs since this began. I drank about 4 times a week, at about 18 beers a night. Sometimes more. I know this is the time to change my ways. Looking for help, possibly hobbies people know about to keep me away from the sauce. Ideas?

PAt
    PAW:nutso:

First Timer

HP, welcome. You can get a lot of help and support here! Your first step will be to learn more about the MWO program; you can read the book (available here on-site) and you can read a lot more here in the forum. Overcoming alcohol dependence requires help, determination, and a good plan. There's a thread here called "tool box" that talks about a lot of the things that help people.... you will want to check that out!

wip

Comment

First Timer

Welcome healthypaw :welcome:,

I'm so glad you've found us and this site! It sounds like your ready for a change and that's great. I would suggest you read some of the posts on this site and get familiar with it. I would also suggest reading the My Way Out book, it downloadable.

I'm not much for preaching to others and just want to say "welcome" and I hope you find the help you're looking for here. I also hope you begin to take better care of yourself for you and for your family. This site, and the wonderful people on it, have helped me with that. I feel better than I have in years.

Take care, :l
      Becoming
      "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

First Timer

Hello and Welcome
        Great advice from WIP and Becoming. I would give you the same advice. I use this program and AA. I was a very heavy beer drinker. The time has come for me to grow up and take hold of this thing. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired, and I hope u are too. Stick around. It really helps.
        "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

First Timer

Welcome to our family, I made MWO posting my Hobby for several months to help me get some sober time, under my belt.Now I feel so much healthier and so much more creative.I have craft project laying around everywhere.maybe a Treasure Map project to create the future that you want will help.I will try and bump my old thread and see what you think.feel free to PM me, if I can help.
          sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

First Timer

Welcome. Read and post as much as you can. There are alot of people here who can help and are going through the same thing. There is no judging here, just help and advice.
            To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

First Timer

Welcome HP. You are among friends here. We are all in the same boat. Use us as a support. I too am a closet drinker. Nothing worse, as it is pretty hard to lie to yourself. But I have done it for years. This sight opened my eyes, and I am AF since 10-10-08 Join us- You will be AMAZED at yourself. No lying- the first few days might be a bumpy road, but use us as support when your ready to start your AF road.
              DLW
              Sobriety since October 2008 ( with a few bumps in the road ) - but I am still here, strong and fighting every day for my sobriety!
              And every day is a challenge - But I am WINNING so far!

• Yesterday is History
                Today is a Mystery
                Tomorrow is a GIFT

Comment

First Timer

I have gotten day one out of the way. I usually can go up to a week and then the trouble starts. I will be sure to ask for helpful tips

Comment

First Timer

healthy,

Good to hear from you! We're here if you need us. Have you thought about the book and supplements and such? Thanks for posting and updating...

Take care,
                  Becoming

Comment

First Timer

I am going to download book tonight.I have also started a diet and a workout program to help keep me focused. Thanks

Comment

First Timer

Hey Healthy,

I love your avatar! Sounds like you have a great plan in place.

Be

Comment

First Timer

Thanks. Your avatar looks stressful. The plan is the easy part, followong through a whole other story.

Comment

First Timer

I love my avatar, it's the first one I saw that made me LOL so I picked it! I work at two computers all day at my job.

You're sure right about the plan being the easy part. I couldn't agree more.

Comment

Working...
                          X