Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am just wondering.......

There she is!

No, no, don't feel that way at all! You brought up a valid question and a lot of people felt the same way you did. It prompted another thread to be started, one which I feel needed to be started, and I think you did a very good thing. Honestly. That's what this board is about, to share feelings and give and take ideas. I don't think you made her look bad and it certainly made me rethink a lot of this.

Be
    "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Oh, well. It's out there now. I might as well go all the way.

I tend to disagree that we have no right to know how she lives her life. When you put yourself out there as a teacher / public figure / spiritual leader / politician / preacher / or whatever, and people are publicly supporting you, and telling their friends about you, and giving you money, you'd better be open to people wanting to know how you live your life.

She teaching a sobriety method to a bunch of problem drinkers. The question remains "Does she practice what she preaches?"

I'm certain I'm not going to win any popularity contests with that one, but there you have it.

Comment

Hmmmmm.........you have a valid point.
        :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

I do see what you mean. She did put herself out there and in a big way. It's not just as if she wrote a book, a sort of memoir, and left it at that. This is the neverending feud with public figures, isn't it? Celebrities, politicians, etc. Yet, this is actually a non-profit organization with a product. The MWO products have a patent pending I've noticed. I don't have an answer but I think your point is spot on.

Comment

Well, on a much lighter note, I made it through last night just fine AF. How did you do? And my job interview this morning went really well. Hopefully I'll have a job starting Dec. 1.

Comment

Good luck to you Angel

Comment

Thanks ak!! I went to Alaska once. I thought it was the most beautiful place I'd ever seen. Love your avatar.

Comment

Yeh! That's what I've been waiting to hear! I was afraid to ask. I was AF, too. I'm glad to hear about your interview, that's fantastic. I know you said it wasn't really a job you wanted but at least it's something, right? Are you looking forward to it?

Comment

Thanks,

I love AK but not this time of year, brrrrrrrr 20 some below today....yikes

I have AF days, 3 glasses of wine last night. Kudzu and Topa help mod so much.

Comment

AK, we get to 20 below here in the Adirondacks but not until Jan or Feb. I can't stand it. Kudzu and Topa help me too, a LOT!

Comment

How did the AF day feel, angel?

Comment

Be - Yes, I am looking forward to it! It's an office job, but will be good to be out and around people and keeping busy all day. I really need something to fill up the hours to help overcome the grief, and the pay check will be nice too!!! Of course, I'm not sure I even have the job yet, am probably jinxing it by talking this way.... I'll let you know if and when I hear something.

akgirl - I hear you about the cold. I live in the Canadian rockies. Beautiful, but winters are brutal. How much Topa do you take?

Don't know how I'm going to get through tonight AF. Going to go for a long walk now and try to clear my thoughts.

Comment

Be - Our posts overlapped there.

The AF day felt great. But now I'm feeling the craving bad. Gotta get out of the house for awhile or I'll do something I might regret, like drink.

Comment

Have you ever tried L-glut under the tongue? It's fast.

Comment

...at any health food store. L-glutamine. Comes in capsules. I use 1000 mg (powder) under the tongue. It's dry but has no taste. A walk will be good.

Comment

Working...
                                X