Tough start of AF # 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tough start of AF # 4

Woke up in terrible mood, jumped down my wifes throat over what I would give boys for breakfast. Now I am at work pissed off at every kid in my classes. I teach by the way. Wife not going to be home until late, usually a great day to drink without her knowing.
    PAW:nutso:

Tough start of AF # 4

Sounds about right, for Day 4! Irritability! Don't worry, it will pass, so long as you don't drink... you're doing fine!

wip

Comment

Tough start of AF # 4

:lPaw- I'm sorry your day started out bad. Take the advice I got today...try to plan to do something else when you get home.....bake some cookies or something to offer your wife as an "I'm sorry I lost it on you this morning" gesture....maybe it will work out for you and her....you know what I mean:l Don't hold on the the bad mood......let it go....breath....breath......breath....

I'm day 3 and tomorrow is going to be bad for me..:l
      :teeter:JAMMS

"I'm safe.. up high...no one can touch me...why do I feel this party's over?...."

"no pain..inside...you're my protection...how do I feel this good SOBER?!"

Comment

Tough start of AF # 4

Paw,

Day 4 is my hardest day. I don't know why. A lot of people have posted the same thing. I wonder what there is about it. I watched something on another thread, it's a tough watch. I'll post it here. It has made me rethink drinking completely. I didn't even do my usual "well, I've never been THAT bad" glory thought in my head. It just plain 'old got to me. It's in the General Discussion thread, here:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...art-25341.html

Take care, sign on later for support if you need to, ok? Let's not drink today. Maybe no one else will know but we will.
        Be
        "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Tough start of AF # 4

I can second (Becomings saying) that day 4 was the hardest.By day 5 I either felt better or I caved.Day 7 always seemed like a major landmark.Maybe it is the thought od a whole week AF that made me feel hopeful.After a month, it was like part of me changed.I think that the old saying that it takes a complete cycle of the moon, to break a habit, has truth in it.At least I felt that way.
          sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Tough start of AF # 4

Jamms, that a good idea about the gesture, not the right time of month for that if you know what I mean. I'm not good at letting my moods get better, but my kids at school are being really good today. Becoming- the worse aprt of being the closet drinker is she doesn't even know what is going on with me. But your right both of us will know we didn't drink. I will check out the thread. Thanks everybody

Comment

Tough start of AF # 4

Paw- too bad about it not being the right time of the month...maybe afterwards. I should be signed on later today if my son doesnt beat me to the PC. I will look for you....

"I'm safe.. up high...no one can touch me...why do I feel this party's over?...."

Comment

Tough start of AF # 4

Hopefully, thanks for the thought, usually I don't get on when I get home-- have to hide this too. Never know though. Good luck with rest of day.

Comment

Tough start of AF # 4

Good luck to you...stay strong for the rest of your day.

Comment

Tough start of AF # 4

Hope all is well

Hey Paw-
                    I know your not signed on right now. I hope you ok tonight. I will be thinking of you.:l

Comment

Tough start of AF # 4

I swear sometimes I am married to the biggest bi**h in the world. Sick of her coming home in a crappy mood. Posting this message right now to calm myself down. Here's to AF days.

Comment

Tough start of AF # 4

Breath ..... you can't be married to the biggest "B" in the world..my husband says he is!

A litle humor for you to try to calm down to. Whatever just went on is not worth drinking over. I know its hard....you can do it!

Comment

Tough start of AF # 4

Thanx Jams- went to grocery store for some food, didn't go into the beer aisle. Your doing great, I hope one day I can return the favor. Good Night

PAW

Comment

Tough start of AF # 4

NO...You're doing great!!

Paw-

Happy to hear that you went to the grocery store. Thanks for the "your doing great" comment. It made me feel good:goodjob:

I too have to stop at the store on the way home from work today. My usual Thursday ritual..pick up kids, go to grocery store,then, go to liquor store...buy vodka, start to drink as soon as I walk in the door.
                            I'm feeling good so far today..not feeling the drink! Hope it stays that way. I'll talk to ya later

Comment

Tough start of AF # 4

Funny balancing act icon. Do you ever feel like it's more of the routine then anything. Because I have ritual like yours for drinking. Just so much a habit to get the "devils brew" then the actual alcohol dependance. Stay strong. Today is going much better. Thanks again. Here's to AF's

PAW

Comment

Working...
                              X