Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tough start of AF # 4

YES

:goodjob:YES, :thumbsup: excactly. Now that I really think about it, it is like a routine...and it pisses my off because when I drink, I don't do the things I should
    (e.i. help with homework, put the kids clean laundry away so when they look for it it in the freakin' drawer and not in the bin in my room, you know the shit I am SUPPOSED to be doing) so why do I submit to the routine of drinking when I have so many more important hings I need to be doing???

I know, I know.......:busted:
    :teeter:JAMMS

"I'm safe.. up high...no one can touch me...why do I feel this party's over?...."

"no pain..inside...you're my protection...how do I feel this good SOBER?!"

Comment

Tough start of AF # 4

It is amazing how much I already have done. Saturday the wife and kids are going away and normally I would drink all day, this Saturday I am winterizing the entire house. I actually am starting to like this idea. I think we are going to do this jamms

PAW
      PAW:nutso:

Comment

Tough start of AF # 4

Now you're talkin'

:yes2:
        We are going to do this!

"I'm safe.. up high...no one can touch me...why do I feel this party's over?...."

Comment

Tough start of AF # 4

Go Jamms! :happy: Go Paw! :happy:
          "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Tough start of AF # 4

LMAO!!!! Thanks Becoming.

Comment

Tough start of AF # 4

Jamms.. you cannot be the biggest b-- in the world.. I am.. my husband when he was drunk would answer the phone and let anyone know. It was so embarrassing. But, of course, he does not remember any of that.
              Paw, your wife may or may not know about your problem with AF. But, I would not assume she doesn't. People who are close typically know a lot more than we give credit for.
              Good luck

Comment

Tough start of AF # 4

Waiting- Thanks for the point of view from the other side.....I'm anxious to see if/what my hubby's remarks will be tongiht when he sees I'm not drinking.....I hope one day soon I can let him no about me and MWO. I just don't trust him enough right now....we really aren't talking to much this week.

Comment

Tough start of AF # 4

Yea Waiting she knows I drink but she thinks if I drink 4 beers I am drunk- When I have had another 16 empty cans in the bottom of the garbage can or in my golf club bag or in the water softener etc. etc.

Jamms I can't imagine a time when I can tell my wife everything. It would feel great but I'm afraid it would hurt her too much.

Comment

Tough start of AF # 4

oh yes, the hidding.. I always knew.. he thought I didn't. my husband used to hide is vodka in little water bottles, under his desk, in the BBQ, under his car seat, in the bushes, Gatorade bottles and so on. He even changed water brands thinking I would not notice. If she really does not know.. it would be better if it came from you than from someone else or if she found out by herself.

Comment

Tough start of AF # 4

With my HB he knows I know he's drinking beer so what he does is to go in another room (or outside, or in the cellar or to a neighbors garage or...) and chug a beer or two or...

...and he thinks I didn't know. But I did. At least we've talked about it a little bit now.
                      "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Tough start of AF # 4

so far, so good

day 4 almost over!:goodjob:

Comment

Tough start of AF # 4

Yep, almost bedtime. Not so tired tonight. Great job af'ers

Comment

Tough start of AF # 4

Made it!

I got thru my first AF Thursday in about 18mos. (since my dd was born) and years before that. :goodjob: Not sure yet if the Kudzu helped. I feel ....ok...nothing spectaular. How you feelin' today Paw?

Stayin' strong for AF day 5.

Comment

Tough start of AF # 4

I am feeling really good. Even a little swagger in my step. Standing taller. My interaction with my family has improved so much. :thanks:

Day four was the worse. Start of day 6 and I feel like a different person. I think a lot has to do with the people here. Seems weird but if it were not for this board I would feel like nobody would even know how it felt to be AF.

Your support in day four, everybodys was a MAJOR huddle. I am ready to tackle this weekend.

Great Job on the Thursday. I am very proud of you. Treat yourself to something nice. You deserve it

PAW

Comment

Tough start of AF # 4

:thanks:

It was not for this board I would be......hungover....probably.....this is the best thing that has ever happend to me (besides my kids of course).

I had a thought last night...am I trading addicitons...am I getting addicted to this site and your, everyone's, support? Hey, it works for me!

Comment

Working...
                                X