What am I missing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What am I missing?

What am I missing here? This week has seemed almost too easy. I stopped drinking last Sunday and don't miss it. I've been following the MWO program and enjoying the hell out of the hypnotherapy. My son came over last night for dinner, it was his 30th BD, he had a vodka martini and I wasn't even tempted, in fact I smelled the vodka and kind of thought, "ick". There is wine in the fridge and booze in the cupboard and I'm not even tempted. Prior to this week I hadn't missed a night drinking for over six years.

Am I setting myself up for a huge fall here?
    vegan zombies want your grains

What am I missing?

I dont think you are setting yourself up for a fall. I do think you are lucky though!
    Just remain vigilant, you might have a difficulty later or you might not. Just keep reminding yourself of your goals and why you stopped drinking in the first place.
    Give yourself a big pat on the back too!
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

What am I missing?

Not a huge fall - but you just need to stay on your guard. Remember that initially we have a lot of momentum, especially when things are going good. Most likely though, things will come up in your life that will challenge you or those feelings that you are now okay will pop up and you need to be ready to deal with them if/when they happen. I still scare myself sometimes because I feel like I am on cruise control, and if I stay like that without working my program I know I am on a slippery slope...

Congrats though on your success so far and keep working hard.
      Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

What am I missing?

I find myself getting bored. I think boredom may be my big nemesis.
        vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

What am I missing?

While I haven't been as "lucky" as you are, I will say that I finding using the hypno CDs has helped me a lot. Maybe you're using them to the fullest? I think I could use mine more than I have. Thanks for the reminder. Boredom was a problem for me and I have to make sure I have plans for the times I would normally drink. I am picking up on old hobbies and exercising (or trying to!) more.

Congratulations, that's quite an accomplishment!
          Becoming
          "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

What am I missing?

Hi!
            Well you're doing GREAT! Whether you fall or not is in your hands. It's when you become confident and let your gaurd down that it happens. Just beware of that and honestly, the fact that you ARE aware of falling, i really don't think you will. Good luck, enjoy everything and KEEP GOING!

Comment

What am I missing?

Yep, boredom can certainly be a cause, as it can easily lead to a resentment (I wouldn't be bored if I just had a drink) so just make sure you are on your guard.
              Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Working...
              X