What is it about Fridays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had the stickin urges today - bad. I had them last Friday like this to. Starting to fade, I have my cranberry juice beside me. So looks like I will make it to day 13, can't believe so close to two weeks. I can't complain to much they haven't been to bad mostly just last and this Friday. I am going to watch a movie soon, Christmas with the Kranks, I am sure that will get my mind of wine. Have a happy AF weekend everyone.

Twosox :l

Thanks one2many!!

twosox

Comment

Hang in there, Sox! Fridays used to be a bad time for me, I was just tired from a week at work, wanted to just relax and do nothing, so I drank. It wasn't my worst time, though: I think I was just priming the pump for Saturday, and Sunday. Ugh!
      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Friday's give me the crave also.

Comment

fridays are tough but this is my first one AF in years so feeling a bit smug, hope i can get through all weekend and next friday and the next etc> how did you do it sunbeam? i want to not have to fight it so hard and just be content without it, if you know what i mean?
          Keeps x:happyheart:

Comment

hi sox,you found a great site, all the people here do note most of the time is to try inspire to be bettr,you can do it gyco

Comment

My experience was that the first weekend was hardest, the next weekend was easier but still hard, the next weekend even easier...etc...this is my fourth! I'm excited at how much easier it is, but it still does hit me harder on the weekends. So, hopefully, it will also get easier for you as time goes by! Great job on 13 days!

Comment

It funny that I gave up my Wed's and kept the Fri, now I am going to give Fri's too and it feels impossible.

Comment

I drank more on Fridays as a reward for a hard week at work. Figured I deserved it. Funny how our AL brain talks to us.

Then I read someone say (WIP I think?) she considered it like self inflicted brain damage. Do I think I deserve that? Noooooo.
                  :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

2sox, The weekends are tough for all of us alkies. As you get more alcohol free time behind you, those feelings will subside. After 7 months AF, I still get some twinges on the weekend. Fortunately, I am constructing a new life that keeps me too busy to drink/think about wanting to drink. You will get to the point where the positive feelings you have as a result of being AF will be stronger than your desire to drink.
                    Take good care,
                    Mo3
                    AF Since April 20, 2008
                    4 Years!!!
                    :lilheart:

Comment

Well, I made it through, starting day 13 - yeah! It's funny how if I just hang in there till after 6:00 the urges disappear. Thanks all for sharing, I really needed it. Wally22 any suggestions on some AL drinks?

Here's to a Happy and AF Saturday!

Twosox :l

Comment

Congratulations for making it through. I used to call the time between 5 - 7 pm the witching hour because all I could think about was drinking. Another friday under your belt, good for you. Keep it going.
                        AF Since April 20, 2008
                        4 Years!!!
                        :lilheart:

Comment

Working...
                        X