For those who do not post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with Gyco - I don't post very often, in fact when I do post the thread dies - I think I am the "Thread Killer" from way back! Also, as has already happened here, things can be mis-interpreted and silly misunderstandings turn into arguments which can scare newcomers away from participating. I bet no-one replies and this thread disappears!
    J

Comment

Absolutely right there with you Last of the Summer Wine!
      I did so love that t.v series too!
      Pan

Comment

Bless you Pan and you have released me from being the Thread Killer! I am a bit of an old codger so those lovely old dears on the TV series gave me something to look forward to in my old age - they were always up to something!
        J

Comment

Hiya Lasty, i will save you too from being a thread killer.
          Have a lovely day...
          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Nicely put Last of the Summer Wine!
            I do think WIP's post was misinterpreted.

I don't post as much as I used to.
            I really don't like reading threads that turn into squabbles....life is stressful enough without encountering that sort of thing on a support based site.

Wishing you all a good Sunday!!
            Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

I'm more of a listener and kind of shy. Also, like others have already mentioned, I always come in at the very tail end of the "day" when all the action seems to have subsided and kind of feel left behind.
              sigpic

Comment

I thought this thread was a good idea, I still do. I've been posting a lot lately and it's helped me tremendously. I do stay away from some threads when I feel they're getting "personal" or nasty. I won't do that this time because I've posted with akgirl and feel a connection with her. I won't let that happen to her thread.

WIP is a person. She is a very intelligent one and has shared a great many things here. While I don't always agree with all of her posts, I don't agree with all of anyone's posts, I would never consider attacking someone here. That's not what this forum is for. We're here to help one another. So, for what it's worth, I'm sorry this happened to you, WIP, and I still like this thread, akgirl. And I won't let you be the thread killer, either, Summer Wine! I know the feeling, the last three times I went on chat everyone had to suddenly leave! LOL
                "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Amen to that Be! Personal attacks are uncalled for and unnecessary.

Comment

You're always so nice, Angel!
                    "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Here's hoping all parties involved are okay this morning. I am thinking of you.

Off to shower and to see "Twilight".

Angel

Comment

WIP, I think you post the stark reality that many people are not ready to hear. Thank you for all I have learned from you.

My posts help me understand what I am thinking. Sometimes I don't exactly know my thoughts until I write them down. I try not to engage in persuading anyone about anything. My posts help me, and if anyone wants to take something away from what I think, that is up to them. It mostly doesn't matter to me if no one responds.

There are a lot of ways to gain control over alcohol. That is both the strength and downfall of this site. When anyone posts what they think, that reflects their values. Others may value different things. These differences lead to antagonism unless there is absolute respect for the differences. In human beings, that level of respect is not pervasive.
                        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Exactly what Sunbeam said.
                          "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

wip are you ok,

Comment

dolly i do hope you return,we all get to our breaking point,our lives are not easy but in numbers we can survive,

Comment

Sunbeam;475869 wrote:
                                My posts help me understand what I am thinking. Sometimes I don't exactly know my thoughts until I write them down. I try not to engage in persuading anyone about anything. My posts help me, and if anyone wants to take something away from what I think, that is up to them. It mostly doesn't matter to me if no one responds.

There are a lot of ways to gain control over alcohol. That is both the strength and downfall of this site. When anyone posts what they think, that reflects their values. Others may value different things. These differences lead to antagonism unless there is absolute respect for the differences. In human beings, that level of respect is not pervasive.
                                Sunbeam, I totally agree. My thoughts and ideas emerge as I am writing them down. And, always, I write stuff from my own perspective, often saying what I seem to need to hear, myself... or what I would want to hear, if I were still drinking and not handling it well. I don't expect that what I write will necessarily be helpful for anyone, except maybe for me, and possibly for a few others. I might post my disagreements with others at time, but I sure as hell don't set out to hurt anyone. And I hope that anyone who feels that I have hurt or slighted them will let me try to set it right. As for those who are simply annoyed by me and by what I have to say... well, I have to say that there is nothing I can do about that.

Gyco, thanks, I'm doing OK!

wip

Comment

Working...
                                X