X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant control temper

Cant control temper at times is this normal

Cant control temper

You don't ua much here hun....you newly sober? Thinking about quiting? Can you give us a tad more info so we can offer some suggestions.
    Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Cant control temper

Af for just over 3 weeks just at times fly of the handle! Dont get violent just v angry

Comment

Cant control temper

We are here to help, just not sure what your asking exactly.

Everyone loses their temper sometimes
        :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Cant control temper

Have you tried the calms forte? Its supposed to help.
          :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Cant control temper

Never found it hard to control before . Was wondering is this normal after drinking for so long

Comment

Cant control temper

it could be actually... if u've drank heavily for years you are perhaps reacting to situations you could ignore when intoxicated. i'd say talk to a professional if you have insurance to cover some sessions.
              are you flying off the handle for no apparent reason?
              i know i was af for months and man oh man was i ever crabby! when we drink we don't care.
              now we have to start to care, right?

Comment

Cant control temper

Never found it hard to control before is it part of the whole not drinking after all these years

Comment

Cant control temper

Good morning Fox.
                  Well, I guess your body is adjusting itself to the ridding itself of toxins and that includes adjustments to brain chemistry. So it could well be a factor for you. Every body is different and reacts differently to the same thing. So the anger could be part of the process. Have you talked to your doctor about it?
                  Are you able to notice things that trigger it? That way you know what's coming and will be able to take action to control it.
                  It sounds almost exactly like part of the withdrawal symptoms that occur when people stop smoking, and will eventually go away, but damned annoyng in the meantime.
                  There are things you can take.... maybe cut down on coffee and substitute with camomille tea, or try the calms forte. Perhaps try some mini meditation throughout the day... just find somewhere quiet, just for a few minutes, close your eyes, leave your worries at the desk (you can pick them up later) and relax, enjoy the moment.
                  Take it easy
                  Raggsy

Comment

Cant control temper

Sorry posted twice by mistake! That could be the problem 1967 to many years numb, never tought of it like that , im not easy to be around at times

Comment

Cant control temper

Thanks akgirl/ raggs will give the calms forte a go

Comment

Working...
                      X