had wine on day 7!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not sure if you asking me that question or H1D but yes i do i take my two doggies for a walk every morning at 7.30, then gym at lunch time two days a week and swimming on friday, would be completely crazy without my CV fix!
    Keeps x:happyheart:

Comment

I used to go to gym up until about two weeks ago, but have even stopped that, preferring to just finish work and drink. I live on my own now, so don't have ex-wife to nag me- although sometimes I wish I did have( well maybe NOT!!!).

Comment

sometimes gym can be too much i.e. having to smile at folk blah blah blah, could you not get a pedometer and go 15 mins fast walking from your front door and 15 mins back, aim for minimum of 10.000 steps every day, we drinkers like a challenge? you will feel benefit of fresh air even better if you get a walking buddy to go with?

Comment

KW, I do like the gym, especially when finished, I feel great, but at the moment Ijust feel like drinking. Shit, I just spilt my drink- must go and clean-up

Comment

Yep walking saves my sanity every day. I always feel better for doing it. I am now incorporating some running much to my dogs disgust.
            H1D, I always felt like drinking when I was drinking, its a viscious circle. And it made me depressed too
            Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
            Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

i also love the feeling of leaving the gym all fresh, fit and clean, i just meant that sometimes when you are not in control it can be a bit of a facing, whatever works for you is best as long as you do something more than work and drink, KW

Comment

My work is also starting to suffer- I've missed a couple of days in two weeks, but also I am becoming very confrontational and do not see other peoples perspectives and believe that i am rifght all the time.

To be honest i prefer being with mt clients who I believe are more genuine and feel like screaming at my colleagues who ae sooo false and two-faced. I worry in case I will be disciplined for my reactions to other workers.

Comment

I honestly think its the drink doing that to you.
                  Mind you, in every day life we have to deal with asses, but when we are half cut all the time its that much more difficult.
                  Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                  Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

H1D please be careful i am an HR consultant and can tell you its so important to offer everyone dignity at work, otherwise there wil be consequences. if you are having time off work you may be asked why on return, if you admitted you had an addicition problem would they support you in getting help?? i know the workplace is full of T****** but play the game my friend - you are giving them your power if you let them bug you, let it float way over your head and keep smiling.

Comment

I am unsure about that "the drink doing that to you" it could well be, but we have recently merged with another organisation, so I think other workers from the other organisation feel threatened, but also their organisation have a lot more workers (safety in numbers) so I believe that they are trying to control us- they feel SUPERIOR. Just reading what I have typed, I would understand if you suggested that I was paranoid- but I'm not!!!

As a result of this and all other personal problems, it's easier to drink, even though I see on a daily basis the problems that alcohol causes.

Comment

Hey KW... just checking in after a few weeks. I looked for you right away. I see it has been a struggle for both of us. I still have not drank anything since the end of Oct when I quit. Tough though. Been traveling and visiting family, working on the house and preparing for all the holiday gatherings. SO many opportunities to slip!! Tempted when I thought no one would know - on planes - etc, but held off... it's not easy. I am getting close to the 30 days now and really don't know if I'll drink after that yet. I seem thinking about it way too much to feel comfortable. Doesn't really make sense I guess. I just miss it still. Good luck to you and all the other November '30 dayers'. Walt

Comment

Working...
                        X