Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my first try

Hi everyone,

today is my first try to give up alcohol, i have been in denial for 4 years, i just decided last night enough is enough,
    i have 3 children i am a single mum, and untill about 6 months ago i was coping ok,
    but lately all i want to do is get the kids to bed and have a drink,
    then in the mornings i can hardly get up to get them to school,

i don't want to go to my gp as yet, so i tried looking through the internet and found this site,

it seems brilliant everyone seems so supportive,

i am looking forward to meeting people who are/were going through what i am,

i wish everbody the best of luck :thanks:

my first try

Welcome aboard Netty
    Are good on you for deciding "enuff is enuff" I know the feeling exactly. I am glad that you have found us. This site has been a life saver for me. May I suggest that you get the MWO book. Then you can formulate your plan. Stay close by. We are here to help.
    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

my first try

Welcome Netty!
      Kudos to you for taking the first step! Like Seacailin mentioned, reading the book MWO is a good start, you can buy it here on-line, download it and get reading tonight. It is short, practicle and been a huge instrument in changing my life for the better.
      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

my first try

Hi Netty. This a great place to come and be really honest with out judgement. I am just a few days into to the AF thing and have had a few minor patches but trucking forward. Best of luck. If you think you will have withdrawals - the supplements are a must.
        "Parenthood remains the greatest single preserve of the amateur." Alvin Toffler

Comment

my first try

Welcome Netty!!!
          Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

my first try

Welcome to you Netty, I look forward to getting to know you.
            sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

my first try

Good for you! Do some reading, get acquainted with the MWO recommended program, develop your own plan (a good plan is essential!), hold onto your determination, and keep posting!

wip

Comment

my first try

Welcome and good luck!
                "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

my first try

Welcome Netty!

Congrats on deciding enuf is enuf! You've come to the right place. I'm a newbie as well and have received lots of encouragement and support already. I too recommend you become a member. What I paid for a 3 month membership is less than what I'd have paid for alcohol since Sunday. Have a great AF day Netty!
                  Habsfan

If It Is To Be, It Is Up To Me

Comment

my first try

thank you all for your support and kind words,
                    i'm not as scared now, i will get the book and become and member, i'll stay in touch and let ye know how i go,

Comment

Working...
                    X