Day 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 2

Am pleased to report that day 2 went well overall with some physical and mental signs of withdrawal. Told my wife last night, as she watched me pour my last half bottle of wine down the sink, that my drinking is over. She was in tears she was so happy. I realize that I can't moderate this problem and if I quit, it will have to be permanent. It was the same 25 years ago when I quit smoking even though I wanted to be a social smoker.
    Many thanks to everyone who passed on encouragement in the past couple of days, I appreciate it and will no doubt need more in the future. I hope I can make a difference for someone here.
    Have a great AF day everyone!
    Habsfan

If It Is To Be, It Is Up To Me

Day 2

Good for you Habs
    Hang tough. It is worth it.
    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Day 2

This is great, Habs! Do you have a plan in place for getting help, for changing some habits, for dealing with urges, etc.?

wip

Comment

Day 2

Definitely have to change

The old habits were what got me in trouble - after supper, sit in front of TV and before I realized it, 4 or 5 drinks had been consumed. Last night I did watch TV, my wife besdie me as I sipped a soft drink. It was a great evening. The test will come tonight as my wife is out Tuesday evenings until about 9:30. Mind you, there's no wine left in the house so I just have to pass the store on the way home.
        I realized yesterday that I would have already spent more money on wine since Sunday than I paid for a 3 month membership here! At least I have something to show for this!
        Thanks everyone!
        Habsfan

If It Is To Be, It Is Up To Me

Comment

Day 2

Yea Habs!
          We are on the same track with days. Congrats! Just step on the pedal and drive past the liquor store but have soft drinks, tea, sparkling water or other yummy drinks on hand. We can do this!!
          "Parenthood remains the greatest single preserve of the amateur." Alvin Toffler

Comment

Working...
          X