A misguided gift from family....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm heading off to a family event, of which I've been informed they've bought my favorite wine and lucky me, gluten free beer:what?: Can't have glutens so I guess their heart was in the right place, just not the brains. Guess they didn't quite get the message that I was trying to quite drinking. Or maybe it's a test? Sigh. I'm off to a fun start! Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving, whether it's your holiday or not, at least it is a day to be Thankful we've found this site and maybe for a day of not drinking. I will miss you all as I will be computer free. Anyway, I go in armed with another week or so under my belt, can't recall I've had the stomach flu...ugh. I wish everyone the best and stay strong through the holiday season. Have seen a lot of posts about family issues and I feel for you.

Gluten Free, LMAO....that is too cute! That sounds about the way my family looks at me...they don't really think it's a problem! Oh well, count your blessings and drink that gluten free beer in moderation LOL! You know the deal, take one sip and pour the rest in the bushes or down the nearest drain!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!!!
    Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
    - George Jackson

Comment

have a soda,if somone asks you if you want a drink say you ve had enuff a coke would be fine por it yurself hav a good time gyco

Comment

Enjoy Seila...wish wed thanksgiing here.

Comment

do you give pressies on thanksgiving?

Comment

no pressies on thanksgiving....too bad.

seila, we have celiacs in our household too. Hang in there with the family, like gyc said i'd bring a stock of af drinks...easier that way.
            Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving Seila

Hard to figure out where family is coming from sometimes, isn't it. Hope you stay strong and remember what's most important to you.

I haven't told most of my family yet and I'm not sure what their reaction will be but you know what, I've resolved that AF is how I want to , and will, live my life. To see the tears of joy on my wife's face as she watched me pour the last 1/2 bottle of wine down the sink will be a huge help as I get rid of the beast. Day 4 AF, many more to come.
              Habsfan

If It Is To Be, It Is Up To Me

Comment

Good for you Habsfan! Sounds like you are well on your way!

My Thanksgiving turned out much better than expected. I simply said that's for the thought, but no thanks and they came up with wonderful cocktails of ginger ale and cranberry juice that my son and I adored. So, I didn't even have to moderate and I enjoyed the holiday all the more this time!

Hope everyone is well, heading into Christmas now, that's never easy. I am hanging in. Resolved to at least moderate and feeling pretty good. Family seems to be behind me without saying a word or asking a question. So, it was something to be Thankful for.

Comment

Working...
                X