ODAT-Wednesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT-Wednesday

Where are all of u ODATers?? It's been awhile since I started this thread. I am recovering from pneumonia. Feel better today that I have in a week. Preparing for my eldest son's homecoming!!! I am very excited!! Will be an AF Thanksgiving here, and for that, I am Thankful. Shooting for the 30 days again. Day 23 today. Feeling strong.
    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

ODAT-Wednesday

Hey Sea! So sorry to hear about your pneumonia. Hope you feel better soon!!

Haven't drunk in past several days. Had a couple of BAD nightmares last night. Now feeling groggy since up from about 1-3AM. Managed to go back to sleep until almost 7... but not feeling good. SO, of course, my mind switched to thinking, maybe if I drank Something, I'd feel better?

Is anyone taking Topamax? If it's mainly for withdrawals, I don't need that. Somehow, I've never felt that (surprising...). My thing is the Psychological part. If drinking goes through my mind, the Battle begins! The old "NO" - "WHY NOT?" - "Reason why not given" - "WHY NOT?????" Like having a spoiled brat in my head.

Right now I'm thinking that maybe "just" some wine would be ok... (rather than what I Really like: Bourbon & Coke). I know part of my problem is... I don't want to face my problems... so drinking helps me Escape them!

Knowing doesn't seem to help me much. The Obstinate in me!! I need an anti-obstinate pill!

You ODATers have a good day.
    Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

ODAT-Wednesday

Great Sea... you are doing so well.. and yes we never drink on Turkey day!!!! Day 6 for Rip-Tard again. Have not strung 21 days in a row since June. More sober days than bombed, so thats a good thing.. :H

Comment

ODAT-Wednesday

Savvy, I can totally relate to the psychological warfare. Fortunately, these days, I am able to "think the drink through" I know where it will take me, and that temporary feeling of euphoria is just not worth it for me today.
        Great to see ya Ripps!! Stay strong. Woman.
        "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

ODAT-Wednesday

Oh geez, it's 7:52 and kids are off from school today. We've already built a styrofoam solar system and put on a play. My seven year old is determined to work me today!
          But it will be a good day, we go out for dinner tomorrow, so no prep work and no cooking - and for that I am truly thankful! :H
          Wish you all a wonderful day, glad to hear you're feeling better Sea!
          You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

ODAT-Wednesday

Are there any ODATs left in the UK???

Only me by the looks of it today:H

Hoping to stay AF tonight as I did on Friday and Sunday - intentions were good last night as well but teenage daughter brought shed loads of grief down on us yesterday and my conversation with that voice in my head was relatively short!! When it said "go on have a drink" I just said "yes" and got a glass.

Luv to those who've been and those to come.

Bx

Comment

ODAT-Wednesday

Good Morning All! Sea I'm so sorry you are feeling poorly for the holiday. Done recovering from my "binge" last week. I'm back to sleeping well, and back to wanting more of it. I got Sparkling Pear, FRE, and Sparkling Cider, so I'm going to run around with a bubbly wine glass of AF liquid all afternoon Thursday!

My MIL arrived last night and I got MIL duty today as my job allows flexible hours but my spouse has to work all day. I'm suddenly realizing I work downtown and don't even know where a single "non-Macy's" clothing store or American-food restaurant is. Typical male? or selective memory? take your pick.

Nontheless "Mom" and I will make our foray for last minute baked goods, real Pepper Bacon for our special breakfast tomorrow, and maybe some goodies for the dogs. Should be a great weekend and I feel very confident of being AF the whole time.

I got some facial flushing this week. I've been taking 2 L-Glut, 2 Kudzu, and 2 St Johns Wort three times a day since early August, and 3 valerian a day the last 2 weeks for stress. I cut the St Johns Wort last weekend because it can cause sensitivity to Sun, although it's hard to imagine that reaction here in Portland with our cloudy 7 hour days (7am now and another hour to go until it gets light). No change. So I cut the other three for a bit. No cravings yet. I'm crossing fingers that I don't get cravings but for now I'm distracted enough.

Comment

ODAT-Wednesday

Hi guys,

I had an AF day last night (which wasn't hard since I binged the night before and was hung over as hell - stupid me).

Oh well, long day today and I WILL NOT DRINK.

see ya tomorrow...

Love and Hugs,
                Uni
                Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                :h

Comment

ODAT-Wednesday

Congrats to all who have accomplished their AF or mod plan.

I can also relate to the psychological battle I have in my head when AL tries to intefere. By the grace of God, I'm having a good week, AF and I'm looking forward to a peaceful and blessed Thanksgiving. It's amazing, I'm actually starting to feel human again. AL definately had an impact on my depression; I believe it was the cause of my depression. Acupuncture has also helped. I've had two treatments so far and I'm feeling great. The CalmZZZ also helped with my anxiety and insomnia.

Hope everyone has a peaceful thanksgiving. Let's have our plan ready because we all now that AL takes advantage of the holidays to invade our thoughts and our lives.
                  :lilheart: "Love is large, love defies limits. People talk about the sanctity of love...love is by definition sacred. Not some love between some people but all love between all people"
                  ~Jennifer Beals~:huggy

Comment

ODAT-Wednesday

Day 10 for me today. I am feeling like shit, quite frankly, and don't know why. I wish I could go back to bed. :upset:
                    Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

ODAT-Wednesday

Good day all ODATer's ---- I haven't posted much lately ... have been disappointed in my struggle to have more and more AF days. did much better last month. It's that bad voice in my head that seems to win most of the battles lately. However, last night (being only another day 2 AF) I had some news that normally would have triggered a "you need a drink" ... actually it did trigger it, but I fought it off. After about an hour, the voice gave up and I drank hot water with lemon (I was chilly). I'm happy that I was able to do that. Small achievement, I know, but a step in the right direction again.
                      Sea --- I hope you start to recover soon. My hubby had pneumonia last year around this time, so I know how it can lay you low for quite awhile.
                      Happy Thanksgiving to all our American friends!

Comment

ODAT-Wednesday

hello all,
                        Been on the wagon since I had a few beers on Sat. I have had no cravings at all the past 2 days. Tomorrow will be a day of a couple glasses of wine and that's it. Hubby and I have already discussed it and he is fine with it! (he will indulge in a glass or two for the Holiday,plus we are staying over so no one hasto drive) I'm not worried about going overboard because I feel a little support from him at this point.

I still have not started x-mas shopping but I'm not getting anxiety over it....thanks to my lexapro....so I feel pretty dam good today!

:H
                        :teeter:JAMMS

"I'm safe.. up high...no one can touch me...why do I feel this party's over?...."

"no pain..inside...you're my protection...how do I feel this good SOBER?!"

Comment

ODAT-Wednesday

This is my latest ODAT post by far. Sounds like lots of ups and downs here. I'm doing ok. Getting ready for the big feast tomorrow. We'll prepare most of it tonight and put it out on the back porch, it's like a big pantry right now as the weather's cooperating.

I'm not looking forward to my brother-in-law. Huge vodka drinker. All day long. I'm hoping to keep my wits about me and focus on my kids and the older relatives.

The food will be great, I'm so grateful for my family and all of my MWO friends. I don't know what I'd do without you guys.

Take care,
                          Be
                          "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

ODAT-Wednesday

Hey Becoming your the coolest thing !!!!doing so good keep ya wits about you I agree. Hey savvy Im doing topa at 25mg at the moment did get up to 175mg and it bloody works NO CRAVING but had huge head aches and felt weird so triated down. I know the book says you can try a drink while on it but I would not do that complete non drinking is the only way if using topa it will get you over the hump so to speak and give you the confidence to maintain youre determination to stop this crap. I also believe a mental re focus is needed the cds help but meditation as suggested by WIP (a work in progress) on this site are extremley helpful if all else doesnt work the Cheif a wonderful member of this site has great advice quote " Great job, CC!.....just keep at it. Refuse to take a drink.....be stubborn....you are in charge.

Things will get better quickly. Keep reading and posting....

Don
                            All good advice ...
                            Love cap

Comment

Working...
                            X