Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just joined - don't want another nite like last nite...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today I want to get control back!

Last night alcohol took over and I was out of control. I really upset my husband and really feel ashamed of myself! I've cried alot today, apologising for being so stupid.....I want to quit drinking for good now. It's not something I want people to know about and something I have been able to hide (or so I think) the extent of it anyway. This seems a really positive place to start.:new:

Hi there Imova, welcome! I am in NZ too - West Coast South Island...joined this site a couple of months ago and it is great, but lots of members in Nthrn Hemisph asleep now! I have been where you are. You must first FORGIVE YOURSELF - and remember alcohol is a depressant, so those shit feelings are going to happen both chemically and naturally. Staying away from the first drink is a start. I always used to think it was the third or fourth drink that stuffed me up, but if I never drank the FIRST one, then I wouldn't get to the next ones ay.....How are you just now?
    *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

Thanks for askings well it's day one. I have definitely had better days. Didn't go to work today so it will be busy tomorrow which is good. I actually feel quite relieved to be able to talk about it for the first time honestly. I like aninemity of this type of support!

Comment

Every journey begins with the first step! You have got through today - that is AWESOME! I always have found the fifth day hardest, but, as I said A Day At A Time ay! The beauty of this site is all the encouragement from people just like us who have been in that dark, bloody awful place. When we are riddled with fear, anxiety, depression etc... Keep up the good work, and keep posting. It's great to have another member from this time zone, so thank YOU!

Comment

It was just by chance that I found his website. I was sitting here today typing in stuff like 'I need a miracle' blah blah to see what would be returned. Then stumbled across this information. After completing a self test to determine if I had a problem with alcohol, I already knew that I did, sure enough 'problem drinker at risk' I think was the description. How have you been? Are you AF or doing moderation?

Comment

Amazing! Yeah I stumbled across it too in a sort of similar way - googling anti-craving medications! For me, there is no moderation. I am an alcoholic (recovering - thank God) and it was actually when I was sentenced to rehab 10 years ago (Springhill, Napier!) that I first became aware that alcohol was my problem, and that I wasn't mental, evil etc...lol. I am also a member of AA. I have had many "slips" back into active alcoholism, when I start drinking, I bassically CAN'T stop til I'm like passed out pretty much. I have learned plenty about myself and my illness in the last 10 years. The best thing for me today is that I do FAR prefer being sober. There is no more crap to clean up...physically, mentally and emitionally...but it took a whole lot of pain to get here. I really hope your husband is all good, and that he has it in his heart to separate your drinking from you!

Comment

Yeah my husband is really good......He hugged me this morning and said to me that it's just the behaviour he was angry with and not me. Mind you it has taken years of learning from mistakes as you do. He's changing his vocation due to sports injuries and did some study re: Social Services, so he has some really good skills in dealing with life's problems. I am a binge drinker straight out of the late 80s and 90s when it was called partying and it was acceptable. Recently however, I have found myself saying sorry too many times for out of control type behaviour. I spent a whole bunch of money last night and I can't even remember it! That was the last straw for me, I knew I had to do something and get some help. I am amazed at the depth and breadth of this problem throughout the world????

Comment

Hey welcome ova
                I am in Auckland. I joined in April and I was at rock bottom then on a constant binge drinking cycle that I couldnt seem to break. Since joining MWO and really getting into the program I have been mostly AF and totally nicotine free for almost 8 months. There were some up and down on the way but the progam is great. Lots of people (including myself) talk about reaching rock bottom before they really take their life in their hands and get a grip. I recommend you read the book and get yourself as many of the tools of the program as you can and then give it a lash. There is so much support here that before you know it you will be giving advice to people who are in your situation.
                BH

Comment

Hi kiwis!!! Am just heading out to AA meeting. Will check back in later. My man in prison for DIC (LOL, sorta) so I got PLENTY of time to get well. Bless! K

Comment

Afternoon Kap, and welcome Ova! You're right on the money Kap re- this is a great site....The info and ppl/posts here are just great..

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

And hello BH..

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

This is such a great idea. This morning it never crossed my mind that I would be feeling so optimistic after getting some support from the West Coast, Auckland and Australia. Will check back in later too, better give my son a go - he's been waiting patiently.....

Thanks everyone........a much happier person

Comment

Great to hear you are feeling better ImOva!! That is unity for you...Gidday guitarista (do you play!?! - I play bass)...Am not long home from AA meeting, and wouldn'tya know, an old drinking buddy punk rocker i know from, like 10 years ago came in - he was pretty broken etc - but, like this site - it was AMAZING to see someone wanting to change their own path...Recovery is about hope, and fellowship - we are survivors...I'm going to keep it up, that's for sure! Bless!

Comment

Good Morning from the UK.
                            Hi I'm ova it and welcome.
                            This is a great place to come for help. I found this site just over 2 years ago and it's an immense source of support for me.
                            Stay with us. I'm sure you'll like it.
                            Kap... I recently started AA again. I've met a few people from my past, who I (very judgmentally) thought could never get over it, but they're trying, just like me. Nobody is beyond recovery; they just have to want it enough.

Comment

Hey pop - you are sooo right there as the 3rd traditon states..."the only requirement for membership is a DESIRE to stop drinking" no one is beyond hope indeed. God, I am proof of that! How you travelling within yourself matey?

Comment

Working...
                              X