• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

please help me

Ask your doctor about these for mental "happiness":
    Omega 3 6 9
    Super B Complex
    Also ask for general bloodwork, if your insurance covers that.
    :l
    LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

please help me

Sweet,

I'm backing up LTG 100% on this one. I take a Super B Complex 3x a day and can't go without it with my mood swings. I also take an Omega 3x a day. If I stop taking those, I'm in trouble.

I am also on an antidepressant which has made all the difference to me but that might just be me. The vitamin supplements make a world of difference.

Be
      "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

please help me

I also take L-Glut and Royal Jelly (no, it's not for toast...LOL!!) 3x a day for cravings. I get all my supps at Walmart and they are inexpensive.
        LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

please help me

Be, what AD do you take?
          LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

please help me

One more thing. I take 3mg of Melatonin as needed as a sleep aid. It's a natural hormone that our bodies make (sometimes just not enough) and is non-habit forming.
            LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

please help me

I'm on 20mg of Lexapro. He started me on 10mg and it wasn't working. I went back and said I needed a new antidepressant and he said I needed more. I argued, saying why would I need more of something that wasn't working. Well, he was right. I also take melatonin at night and it has saved me for sleeping. I take 3mg too!

Comment

please help me

Lexapro is a good AD. And 20 mg sounds about right. Several peeps here take it. My doctor said people with addiction problem should not take Ativan or Xenax so I am glad you are not on either of those.
                LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

please help me

Can I get Lexapro in the Uk? I'd really like to say sober this Christmas, i totally ruined it last year by starting drinking at 7am, passing out after christmas lunch and drinking until the new year

Comment

please help me

Yes, you can get it in the UK. Put that on your list of things to discuss with your doc, okay? Also, I suggest talking about giving the supps a chance - maybe for 2 weeks or so - before starting the Lexapro. Maybe you just need supps to get you back on track.
                    LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

please help me

Sweet, I am so happy to hear that you got your car back and you haven't had a drink.

You mentioned you had an introverted 9 year old. I have a 10 year old who has selective mutisum. He won't talk to anyone but immediate family, or I should say HE DIDN'T. I have worked since he was 3 trying to get him better and just one month ago he spoke to the teacher for the first time in his school life.

Things will get better. Just hang in there.

Mich
                      :beach: "You can't go uphill thinking downhill thoughts"
                      AF since 10/11/2008

Comment

please help me

Sweet,

Remember Lexapro is an antidepressant and antianxiety medication. It is important to talk with your doc about this. I would start with the supps as LTG suggs, it certainly can't help and your body chemistry is probably out of wack due to excessive drinking. It sounds like you're a binge drinker? You need to discuss this with your doc, right?

Comment

Working...
                        X