People needing help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People needing help

I have noticed that a lot of new people are asking for major help after comming off a bender. You will get amazing help from this wonderful place ...... but withdrawing from major long term abuse is hard to define but you have to realise you are in withdrawal from a physical addiction in the beginning ... for some its a couple of days of nervy behaviour crankiness and lack of sleep and excessive sweating and for others its major shakes vomiting and possibly hallucinations> Can i suggest if you feel so distressed after the last drink say in 8 hours seek a doctor or hospital this problem we all have is a serious one!!!!!! with drawing from long term abusive drinking is to be taken seriously. This site can help with your recovery sure but you need to read RJs book its a complete programme!!!! I have to say this. her book wasnt designed for the chronic late stage drinker and she has made that point clear!!!! I think the book was designed to help more so the problem drinker but defintions are always problamatic ( my opinion only) coming here and talking is very important but we have a very serious addiction and it needs to be treated as such!!!!!! Sorry to be a downer ~~~~ but giving up alcohol will change your life for the BETTER and you will feel a lot more happy and more ready to deal with the crap that life seems throw at all of us all the time!!! But major with drawl symptons need medical supervised help
    Love Cap

People needing help

Good one Capt!

Here is a link for those in a crisis or alcohol withdrawal -- https://www.mywayout.org/community/f7...wal-13412.html

Welcome all newbies:-)
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

People needing help

Good advise Capt.
      sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

People needing help

But please see a doctor first. Dangerous to withdraw on your own. You may need to check in somewhere with around the clock help for a couple of days, or you may be able to withdraw at home with the help of a nurse, or responsible friend. As has been said, take this seriously. Be safe and see a doctor.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

People needing help

Great advice Capt
          I had to get medical help to withdraw. I could not have done it without medical supervision. My MWO family was with me every step of the way. I will never forget you wonderful people for that. There is a saying in AA that I truly believe: "You can't keep it (sobriety) if you don't give it away"(By helping others) I will always be here for all of you.
          "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

People needing help

Your an Angel Sea thanks~~~~

Comment

People needing help

AHH sea thanks you are so important to this place not just me but everyone loves you

Comment

People needing help

lol i neeed help......
                family is everything to me

Comment

People needing help

hi cap, good advise,stroke heart attact,depends on how u drank,i got to say it, the bod says after all these years of partying wht f;;; you doin,hahha on a male note when they cut us off got the drift hahha i love u cap gyco

Comment

People needing help

gees i forgot to put it in hahahha women hahahahah

Comment

People needing help

ui hate my self because im ................... harm ...my ......
                      family is everything to me

Comment

People needing help

sorry cap im just ina great mood other then having all these pains im ok but nc to here from u

Comment

People needing help

hi drop you tht down

Comment

People needing help

whts goin on sweet one maybe i missed somthin

Comment

People needing help

yo tear y would u hate such a wonderful person

Comment

Working...
                              X