Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad I found you all

:new:Hi everyone,

Im everhopeful, Im 20 years old, married to a wonderful Indian man and we have a beautiful daughter together, who i might add is my life. I first came to india at 16, got engaged, turned 17 in india,married at 18 and had daughter at 18. WOW i've been busy LOL.

I have been batteling drinking for quite some time since a young(er) age. I used to drink with my mother whom at the time was abusive and drinking with her was the only real time we were ok together,with the exception of some times when she binged and she turned into someone i didnt know.

I was 16 when i started to drink and that was a nightly occasion, I liked it as the stress of home life became easier to tolerate. I did fine though with it, i could take it or leave it. It wasnt until about a year ago that things got really tough. I had to leave my husband in india so i could give birth in america as i was very sick. Things got very very ugly with my mom, But i have always been a suck up to her and ended up staying with her. Again the drinking started but this time i wasnt so silly or nice when i got buzzed or drunk. I started saying everything i had been feeling for years and started drinking so much i always has horrible shakes. So i drank more to stop the shakes and it just got out of control.

Im way way past that now and i have gotten better with my husbands support BUT I cant stand the shame i feel for the things i did,said, and how i must have looked. So im hopeing that talking to good people like all of you will help me heal further. God bless and stay strong!

Glad I found you all

Welcome to our Family.One thing for sure is that we understand!! You can speak your mind here and start to heal.Get your Tools of recovery together and we can go from there.
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Glad I found you all

oops

Sorry about that,put my story in the wrong place.....

Comment

Glad I found you all

Welcome Everhopeful - looking forward to getting to know you.
        Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Glad I found you all

everhopeful;479661 wrote: Sorry about that,put my story in the wrong place.....
          Nah, you put it in the right place.
          Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Glad I found you all

Thankyou for the warm welcome evielou and vlad. I always felt shy to talk to anyone about my problem but when i found this site i felt very at ease. By the way evielou my daughters nick name is evie

Comment

Glad I found you all

Welcome Ever
              I am so glad that you are here. I was a Mom at 18 too. Now I have a daughter your age. I have been a "confessed" alcoholic since my mid-twenties. I hope that I can be of help to you. Please do put a plan together and fill your Toolbox. I use the MWO program and AA. I cannot take any of the prescribed medications due to blood pressure and digestive problems, but I take all of the vitamins, supps and use the CD's and this forum. Live Chat has also saved my butt more than once, so feel free to jump in there; Wonderful people. I wish you strength as you begin your journey. It truly is a wonderful life.
              "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Glad I found you all

Hi Everhopeful and Welcome!

You sound like you have managed to come of the drink but can't cope with the guilt? I understand how you are feeling, but guilt is such a useless emotion- I know I have done and said some dreadful things while under the influence, but there are many others on this planet who have done and said dreadful things without drink- it is all in the past.

I guess that is something you will have to look at- how to let go of the past?

Comment

Glad I found you all

welcome ever!
                  Gabby :flower:

Comment

Glad I found you all

Hi everhopeful, welcome to the group. I am fairly new here as well and you will find the support you need to succeed here.:welcome:
                    "Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance

Comment

Glad I found you all

Welcome ever - I am sure you will find this site as much of a godsend as I have. Stick around - it's a great place to be.
                      It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

Comment

Glad I found you all

Welcome ever - great name! Where there is life, there is hope....this is a very encouraging and inspiring site. You will find peace, understanding and much hope here! Nice to see you too, Swans
                        *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

Glad I found you all

Right - this time OUT THE DOOR! I am always late! God.............
                          *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

Glad I found you all

Welcome Everhopeful!

Twosox

Comment

Working...
                            X