Support Needed....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Support Needed....

Hi... I'm going to make this quick, because I've just spent the last two hours poking around this site, and am really thrilled and impressed to have found you. I was a long time member at another online site. That site has gone through a multitude of changes that leave me cold. I like the warmth and support that I see here, and I want to be a part of it.

I'll post my own story soon.... it's not unique or original, but I do want to share so that I can have some sense of community. I have NO support in my 3D world, so I WILL be back! Thanks for listening so far. Look forward to getting to know you!

Support Needed....

welcome letitbe!

Comment

Support Needed....

Welcome LetItBe! What can we do to help you in your journey?
      :lilangel:
      :l
      LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Support Needed....

Welocme letitbe

I'm another newbie, today is day 6 AF for me. I've found lots of nonjudgemental folks here who are only too happy to help and offer support.
        You've come to the right place! :welcome:
        Habsfan

If It Is To Be, It Is Up To Me

Comment

Support Needed....

Habs, great job on day 6! I double dog dare you to make double digits, okay?
          :l
          LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Support Needed....

welcome letitbe. glad u like it here.
            Gabby :flower:

Comment

Support Needed....

habsfan...welcome you too. and a sub as well! double welcome!
              Gabby :flower:

Comment

Support Needed....

Hi All .
                It's Friday night. It's always a hard one. Give it your best .Hope you all find something positive to do that includes an AF night. Wake up with a great feeling of strength tomorrow to work through Sat.

Comment

Support Needed....

Welcome Letitbe and Habsfan
                  Great job on Day 6 Habs.
                  Let us know how we can be of help.:welcome:
                  "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Support Needed....

Hi Hun, welcome!!!!
                    This really is a great site for help and support. It is now my extended family *lol* I hope it'll become yours too!

Comment

Support Needed....

Hi Letitbe,
                      Welcome to MWO. I look forward to reading your story and getting to know you better. This site has been "the answer" for me in my quest fighting my alcohol abuse. I think you will enjoy the community we have created here....there are tons of supportive, caring people here waiting to reach out. Kriger
                      "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Support Needed....

welcome welcome, looking forward to getting to all of oyu, plus ive just signed up as a subscriber, keep in touch newbies x
                        Keeps x:happyheart:

Comment

Support Needed....

welcom let it be let it be,we will find an answer let it be,i had to say tht i cant wait to here your post but you found a great spot,ive been here since june 08,i have never in the 55 years ive lived on this earth found kinder people,somtimes they and i get down rt nasty,but never nasty enuff not to show we CARE,gyco

Comment

Support Needed....

Hi Letitbe and welcome! I look forward to reading more of your posts.

Great job, Habsfan! You made it past the dreaded Day 4! :thumbs:

Becoming
                            "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Support Needed....

Wow.... now THAT"S a WARM welcome! Thank you, each and every one, for taking the time to greet me. I am so looking forward to getting to know you.

My story, in a nutshell: I am a workaholic small business owner. I have used alcohol as my escape for well over 20 years. I have had absolutely 0 periods of moderation in the past decade, but I have had a few years of complete sobriety. Abstinence is my goal, and I am certain that is the appropriate goal for me.

Before I found this site, I found the combination of naltrexone and campral. My last period of sobriety started off with those two medications, as well as immersion in a highly supportive group of online folks. I used to live online when I was fighting an urge..... and had folks who knew my workaholic habits, my triggers, etc. That group went a long way toward helping me to not only achieve and remain sober, but to begin the all-important journey of changing my lifestyle and habits. I basically got "well" enough to graduate away from needing the group, and moved on into my 3 D world.

Well, as life would happen as life happens, several large stressors pushed me back to needing that onliune support system (still no 3D system of REAL support.... just superficial attachments, preofessional connections and clueless family.) When I went back, all had changed....

So I went to my doctor, who gave me the scrips for the naltrexone and campral, then I came home and googled around about the combination, looking for guidance on how to best start and use these meds, and, VOILA! I found you.

So, I'm not yet AF. But I am thinking today is Day 1 (though it is still early.) Any guidance on the campral? Should I use the naltrexone for a few days BEFORE starting the campral, or start them both the same day? And should I actually be posting this question in another place?

Anyway, again.... thanks for the warm welcome!

Comment

Working...
                              X