Awesome AF Thanksgiving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome AF Thanksgiving

HEY! Just got back from my family's Thanksgiving holiday. It was AF and not a big deal at all! No one cared! I am amazed. I am also glad that there was none available because at this early stage, knowing myself, I would have slipped. Now I have one full week straight AF. NO MORE WITHDRAWL!!!!!!!!! It is freaking AMAZING!
    I feel great...it's a dream come true. Now I just have to stick with it.
    I feel wine calling all the time, but I don't want to be where I've been again.
    It is easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to get permission.

Awesome AF Thanksgiving

What a wonderful Thanksgiving you've had!
    You feel great now, and you know it will get better and better.
    A whole week AF... give yourself a big hug!!
    Wine will start to whine, then keep getting fainter and fainter.... and one day completely disappear.
    Keep up the great work.

Comment

Awesome AF Thanksgiving

That is lovely to hear. Your previous worries didnt materialise.
      Many many congrats on 7 days af, that is amazing.
      Keep it up Rach!
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Awesome AF Thanksgiving

Oh Rach, that's fantastic! I am SO happy for you.
        :goodjob:
        ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Comment

Awesome AF Thanksgiving

That's great news! Keep it up.

Comment

Awesome AF Thanksgiving

Wow! I am SO happy for you! And I hope you have a good, solid plan for your ongoing recovery from alcohol... What's the next step, for you?

wip

Comment

Awesome AF Thanksgiving

Rachelita
              what a triumphant post. Have read your story from the beginning- and it has been a hard road.. Remember how great you feel now and HOLD ONTO IT.
              Thanks for posting-
              keep it up and best wishes-
              -Sheep

Comment

Awesome AF Thanksgiving

Rachel, I'm so pleased for you, keep it going! A while back there was a thread of drinking quotes and one that stuck in my head was "It's easier to stay out, than get out". So stay out.
                You go girl!:yougo:
                You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

Awesome AF Thanksgiving

Rachel I am glad your family had an opportunity to support you in their own way on Thanksgiving. Despite what you said earlier about them making a mess of things its just because they care, even if they do it wrong. I know because we have our own Rachel in our family too, only her name is Chuck. :-) This is a great step for everyone.
                  vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

Awesome AF Thanksgiving

Now that is something to be Thankful For
                    DLW
                    Sobriety since October 2008 ( with a few bumps in the road ) - but I am still here, strong and fighting every day for my sobriety!
                    And every day is a challenge - But I am WINNING so far!

• Yesterday is History
                      Today is a Mystery
                      Tomorrow is a GIFT

Comment

Awesome AF Thanksgiving

wow , great yu said it , stik with it,tht is the hardest part,RACH you hav com a long way,yu r aware of the problem,you hav to feel good inside,tht is all tht matters,gyco

Comment

Awesome AF Thanksgiving

Bloody spot-on!! Well done, and I suggest you keep that starting post somewhere so you can take a peek at it if ever you're feeling down or like drinking.....Bless
                        *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

Awesome AF Thanksgiving

Thanks everyone! WIP, my plan is ODAT and women for sobriety. I have my car back, so I can make the meetings. I'm also reconnecting with old friends. Explaining why I won't have my requisite glass of wine is going to be difficult, but I have faith that they are real friends and will support me.
                          I feel good, but unfortunately I caught the cold my parents had over the holiday. Head cold, it sucks!

I'm off to fix some soup and a grilled cheese. Comfort food, mmmmm!
                          It is easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to get permission.

Comment

Awesome AF Thanksgiving

Rach - it is so good to hear about your thanks giving - I remember when you first posted on here and I was so worried about you.

Every day gets easier and better - tell those cravings to get lost! They will happen every now and again but honestly they don't last long - do something else.

I am so proud of you
                            Zepp
                            It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

Comment

Awesome AF Thanksgiving

Rachel,

I have read some of your previous posts and I am so proud of you! You did it! You showed your family that you are working this.

Good for you girl - keep up the good work. Remember how good you feel right now......

Love and Hugs,
                              Uni
                              Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                              :h

Comment

Working...
                              X