AF December - Monday, December 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will post more in abit. Just wanted to get this going. It's a new month and a new day for many. The start of many journeys. I hope we alll can share as we go. I'll be back in the AM after some coffee...LOL!! Love and hugs...
    :l
    LTG AF January 13, 2011

Count me in LTG!!!
    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Me too!

Comment

Hi Sweet
        How are u doing?
        "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Not such a good nights sleep mainly due to a very dry scratchy cough keeping me awake, but I have the madness of the school run and but no AL so i'm still feeling positive x

Comment

Keep it going Sweetgum, great to hear you sounding so positve. Honey and lemon in hot water will help that cough..
            Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
            Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

count me in, thanks ltg x
              Keeps x:happyheart:

Comment

I'm in.

I'm getting so fed up of facing Monday with a hangover. Every week I go Monday to Friday without a drink. Thanks in no small part to this site, I have become quite brilliant at quitting. By Friday I'm so heckityblinkinflip proud of meself that by 11pm I've had half a bottle of malt. Always malt. I am after all, a drunk with standards. I doubt my liver appreciates the sophistication of the pickling.

My few cans on Saturday watching the rugby leads to 'The Thirst' and this is quickly followed by the other half of the bottle. Just a wee lunchtime drink on Sunday, and a few more cans to take me through the long slow evening of the soul until work begins again on Monday.

So fed up, so blydi guilty every week. Been coming here months. Hopefully me signing my name on the dotted line will provide the much needed resolution required for the coming weekend. Its not as if I haven't spotted the pattern.

Oh, I forgot, Hello All and thank you.

Comment

Me too - hi all ! Hope all plodding along serenely...sweets, great to see you!
                  *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

Hey Vanilla, great name - my alter ego is Florida Vanilla (she doesn't drink AT ALL but has pots and pots of tea), my Mate is Juniper Strawberry, she is more of a flat white freak, but we both ABHOR alcohol - perhaps you could make one up for yourself? it's fun. Florida wears the most awesome 'strong-cup=of-tea'; coloured foundation on her milk white skin, and beige shirtwaisters with sensible shoes and tangerine lippy.........

Comment

hi i'll join you - this is day 2 for me and very high anxiety> my pattern is the same monday to friday AF then Fri night and during the day Saturday then sick as a dog sunday and sweats and shakes and unable to move because of fear, anxiety, shame, guilt and remorse. I really want to get 30 ODAT not had more than 21 days in four plus years and its toooo painful>

Comment

hey fjones - you are in the right place. Getting a bit of time up is vital. Try not to forget how bad it is right now, in order not to pick up the first drink again that inevitably takes us back to thed despair/anxiety/depression. I wish you well. You CAN do it! Above all...forgive yourself, you are WORTH it!

Comment

Good Morning,
                          I've tried this before, but convinced myself that I'm OK and here I am back again. Fortunately, for me, nothing awful has occurred to bring me here yet (besides not being the best mom or person I can be, and a 75 lb weight gain of course) but I'm so sick of the struggle. Yesterday I didn't drink- probably the first day in months- and I haven't gone more than a week not drinking since my daughter was born (7 years ago). Anyway, I got through it, and here I am sober and well rested, on a Monday morning, the first day of December. I am lucky in that all it takes is a day for me and I start feeling like my old self. I sleep well, start losing weight, lots of energy. I mean, the cravings are there BAD, but I don't physically feel bad. But by day 4 or so, I decide I want to drink and in a split second, I 'm drinking. I don't want this to happen this time. I'm not at the point where I can say I'll NEVER drink again. But I want to take it one day at a time and really give it a great shot. I've read so many books about AL for women, been to AA meetings, I write my journal, I found this great board, I have the tools, now it's up TO ME> I want to do it for me and for my girls, they deserve a better me, a better role model. I'm afraid that as my daughter hits her teens she start drinking herself after seeing me do it so much.

Anyway, I feel GREAT this morning. I miss feeling sober and free in the morning like this. I'm going to go on the treadmill, go to work, and do all I can to stay busy tonight so I'm not faced with the cravings as bad. I want to wake up tomorrow feeling like this again, and the next day and the next day...It's amazing when we're drinking that we don't really face how awful we feel. I wouldn't necessarily be hungover everyday (my tolerance in combination w/my weight helps I'm sure) but I would not feel great, slugglish, guilty, not a clear mind at all, and of course, wanting to drink again in some strange way.

I know I can do this---it's great knowing there are other people out there going through it, or have been successful and being able to connect and get inspiration. I can't share this with anyone in my everyday world.

Comment

Hi everyone, I want to jump in too here. JlS10, I totally hear you about the day four monday to friday sobriety and then bam. We have to fight that with a plan, at least it's worked for others, why not us too? Here's to a sober December!
                            The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

I'm in!! Happy AF Monday everyone.

Twosox

Comment

Working...
                              X