DAY ONE OF THE EVEREST EXPEDITION

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

None of us knows the answer to that MD- but we do know when we drink we are not helping the good things in the world, we are just contributing a bit more to the bad side. Maybe one day we will know the answer but I guess while on this earthly plane we never will.

Comment

Madd - I'm horrified by your story (and no wonder you stayed drunk). My boyfriend died (in a more "normal" way??) in June, and I really have no memory of that week afterwards... I don't think it mattered if it was day or night - just kept as drunk as I possibly could!

Then, oddly, gave it up for the longest time I ever have... more than 3 weeks!

But what I don't understand is - it sounds like you KNOW who killed your sister (and he's taunting you on phone??? OMG!). You can't tell the police.. or they don't listen? How could that be...!!

But, like you said, sometimes justice on Earth isn't fair... but they will eventually get their justice. One way or the other.

God bless you on your journey. It sounds like you have a great attitude. That's half the battle!

Join the ODAT thread (One Day At a Time). It's a really nice group... and it helps just writing a note every day.
      Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

Bless you Madds and Savon too. I am sorry but I do not know what else to say. I feel immensely sad for you both. I believe you are both amazingly strong and courageus women. Hold your heads high.
        *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

Gratitiudes are sent to you all. And yep Kaponium I am a mini hurricane!!! I think I am strong. Just have to grapple with the demon drink as for some time now he has been controlling me. So sorry to hear about your boyfriend dying that is so awful. Death is death, it doesn't matter how it comes. It still leaves a massive void in your soul. NOT TO BE FILLED WITH ALCOHOL.

Comment

savon, when i began the last post i forgot your name. so had to go back and return to write this to you. you have done really well going three weeks. I am going to try really hard now. When my sister died. That was just the start of it for eleven weeks later my beautiful 7 year old got encephalitis which is inflammation of the brain and was paralysed and left with only his breathing. he nearly died, so grief took a back burner as I had to nurse him back to health. Guess what? He is now 16. Quite a remarkable human being and doing his exams in a mainstream school. Then a few months after that I had a crime committed against me, whilst very drunk and we ended up losing our home. You know what? Other than this drink demon things are good. We have a better home in a nicer area just have this foe to conquer to say YEP LIFE IS GOOD - COS YOU KNOW WHAT?? IT IS:h

Comment

maddiva,
              I am so glad to hear you are doing better. :l
              Some of the events in your life are horrific. It is a tribute to your strength, that you are here.

I wish you as many angels as you need to help you climb your mountain!
              Never give up...never stop climbing!
              Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

That's where I'ld rather be ! ( Kinda random, huh? Ha! ) IAD.
                ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                Dr. Seuss

Comment

tHANK YOU KEETA. MUCH RESPECT. BACK TO DAY 1 AGAIN. BUT NEVER MIND. I AM GETTING THERE. IT HAS REDUCED DRASTICALLY. THANKS AND LOVE AND LIGHT:h

Comment

iad - can I come?

Comment

THE BETTER IT GETS, THE BETTER IT GETS !!!Watch and you will see that this is TRUE. I AM VERY PROUD OF YOU !!!!
                      sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Working...
                      X