Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - Tuesday!

Better write this fast so Greenie won't post at same time! :H

Yesterday was AF (I think Day 3 - hard to keep track when you keep doing it over & over!)... Still feeling crappy due to cold, so I didn't feel much like partying!!

Hope all you ODAT'ers have a beautiful day!

:l
    Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

ODAT - Tuesday!

Day 10 for me. Think I'm starting to get my 5 year olds cold. Hope you have a beautiful day to!

Twosox

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday!

Good morning - day 27 here. I'm thinking about going ahead and setting up some goals in the drinktracker. I may enter "moderation" for x-mas eve, x-mas day, and new years. Haven't really decided yet, and it's not like I miss it - oh, who knows? But for me, there's just something about filling in those little squares each day and meeting the goal I set, that gives me a sense of accomplishment. I do know that there's no way in hell I will fill in moderation for all of the squares, because then the habit just returns and the downward spiral begins.

I am getting a bit tired of saying "No" when my husband tries to get me to drink! I think maybe he's unhappy that he doesn't have anything to hold over my head now. Oh well, he can bite me.

Anywhoo - hope everyone has a great day and meets their goals!

PS - Got a new avatar - thought I'd get into the Holiday spirit!

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday!

Ding - funny avatar! lol

Maybe I'll take a look at that drinktracker - haven't done that yet...

This cold is Not fun!! Waaaahhh! :upset:

I haven't been sick in a Long time... so I guess I shouldn't bitch too much. Maybe this will be IT for the Winter!

PS - Changed my avatar, too - getting in the Spirit!
        Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday!

Hi guys!!
          I did it, I got over the one week hump and got through day 7. Now is day 8 for me - it wasn't really that difficult actually because I wanted to take my sleeping pills so I could sleep. However I have found out that they don't work at all if you've smoked that day (go figure?) I'll have to look into that. I am a social smoker and had some yesterday with the girls at work (stressful day) and last night tossed and turned all night despite having taken that pill.

I guess it's time to throw the ciggies away for good - I enjoy sleep way too much now that I've seen how good you feel when you wake up!

So, I will not drink today and tomorrow will be day 9 - a day closer to my new goal of double digits!! (amazing, after only 7 days I am already noticing a difference in the colour and texture of my skin! Good lord the things we do to ourselves, I forgot how good it feels to have this many AF days in a row!)

Love and hugs,
          Uni
          Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
          :h

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday!

ODATs!!!!!!

Savon whilst you were c:, I was :bath2: !!:H Hope you feel better soon. What do you enjoy drinking (hot and cold)? Are you taking l-glute and/or kudzu?

Ding, that is a funny avatar.... I'm scared if I change mine I won't have smiley toes any more and loose my identity :upset:. Wish I could just put little santa hats on them. How annoying that hubby offers you drinks - I don't get that. Can't wait for you to get to 30!

A week Uni!!! I looked here to see if you made it! :goodjob: Keep going!!

And twosocks, after today you'll be knocking at 2 weeks!

Have a great day!!
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday!

So far, I've had a couple cups of coffee, a cup of tea and hot chocolate! Think I've run out...

A nice hot bath sounds kind of good, but I'm wondering if it will set off the chills (again) when I get out... Being sick is making me Grumpy!!

(You can always change back to your cute toesy avatar if you want...)

And, yea, congrats to Uni & Twosocks!!!! Good going!

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday!

Here ya go greeneyes. I am such the artiste:H!!

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday!

Hey,

You all sound so good, except for the colds that is. :no:

Sorry for the quick post, I woke up with the worst cramps I've had in so long I can't remember. I have a lot of work to do and I'm humped over the keyboard. I'm off to take black cohosh and try to avoid the celebrex the dr has prescribed. It gives me a stomachache. Man, this is killing me. uch:

Thanks for letting me vent :l

Take care,
                  Be
                  "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday!

GM ODATers,

You are all doing great. I look forward to being up there like some of you. Day 2 here and just took another antabuse. I was really so scared to take them. I think I 've had them for weeks. But now that I have taken them, it is really so freeing. Knowing I just can't. Mind games over.

I hope you all read my thank you thread, although I don't say it individually enough, which I will try to work on. I think you are all great and wish you the best.

Glad to be an ODATer
                    Ak
                    :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday!

dingbat;483362 wrote: Here ya go greeneyes. I am such the artiste:H!!

I was wishing I could do that for her. Your good! I AM a graphic artist by trade and wasn't sure how todo that.

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday!

Hello ODATers
                        So sorry that some of you are ill. I am just getting over pneumonia, still have a sinus infection, and am on my second round of antibiotics. I hope none of you get that ill, and have minor colds that will end soon.
                        Cramps-how horrible!! So glad I had those parts removed.lol. I hope u feel better soon.
                        Dingbat- You crack me up.LOL. Hubby can bite me!! I love it. Kick him in the _____ and tell him to smarten up.
                        You guys are ROCKIN' in chocking up the AF days!!! So happy to be a part of this group.
                        Well, I had my first night back to work last night since being ill and my first appointment with my new therapist. I am not impressed so far. She must think that I am fairly whacked though, cuz she wants to see me weekly.lol
                        I am exhausted. Will check in after some sleep. Have a Great Day!!!:l
                        "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday!

Just a quick post today --- just to say "Hi" everyone! And wishing you all a great AF day/evening.

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday!

hi

Hello there ODAT's.........to be honest, I don't know a thing about this thread, but another person referred me over here. I saw Seacailin had posted, so had to stop in and visit. My quick story...I am Renewal. I joined the forum about 5 months ago. I started a Newbies thread and continued that, heck even going 31 days AF..........decided to 'fly the coup' and moderate on my own. I'm back since that didn't go too well. I live alone and bottom line is I need accountability. I genuinely felt an obligation to go AF when I was offering help and support to others on the Newbie thread. When left to my own devices, that obligation left me. I can't commit to never drinking again, but I DO desperately want to cut back! I need help to get there though as I'm good at helping others, but not always great with myself. I'm a 'middle age guy', a professional, have a good heart...and just need a little help. Hope this thread is a good start. All the best!! Oh, and HI SEA!!
                            Renewal

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday!

Hi Renewal,

Welcome to ODAT, just a bunch of us struggling one day at a time. Look forward to getting to know you. Good luck with your goal.

Ak

Comment

Working...
                              X