SLEEPLESS IN NEW YORK :-(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read that its common to have trouble sleeping when quitting A, but does it get any better? I have trouble falling asleep, I wake up during the night one or two times, I am popping those calms forte pills like they were candy and living on sleepy time tea. During the day I am exhausted at work.
    I would appreciate any advice
    "Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance

I was extremely exhausted the first couple of weeks, getting better though. Your sleeping pattern will improve with time to, your body is adjusting, it may take a few weeks.

Twosox

Comment

Hi Swans
      I suffer the same problem. Have a look through the holistic healing thread
      there is some great info there regarding supps to take to aid sleep. Magnesium
      seems to be a common thing heavy drinkers lack this helps us to relax and slow
      down. My naturopath has given me magnesium supplements along with a
      powder that contains inositol as well as magnesium glycinate which I find
      helps me to sleep at night. I seem to remember Determinator posting about
      inositol I think on the holistic healing thread....see if you can find it. Anyway
      hope this helps you and brings some sweet dreams to you!!
      Pan

Comment

Now I know it sounds daft. But get a malted milk drink. If you don't take milk, use soya or rice or oat milk. Horlicks is good. Do they do that in NYC or OVALTINE. I have had periods of abstinence and I had nightmares. So graphic, I had to get out of bed. Very weird. GO TO THAT LOCAL IN NEW YORK AND GET HORLICKS. PLUS THE SUPPLEMENTS ADVISED. MUCH LOVE AND LIGHT MADDIVA:h

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, I took my magnesium and picked up the ovaltine, just had it with warm milk and I am off to bed. Thanks again:l

Comment

Hey Swans - I hope that when you read this, you have had some bloody brilliant zzzzzzzzs and are feeling refreshed. Don that recovery armour darl - we are the winners! Bless
            *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

hi swan it does get better,and yes the sleep thing is normal,i went thro it for years and like a fool i didnt assume it was from AL,after amny years of drinking ,panic disorder came on,the bod will eventually REBEL,after all the drinking we stop,then the bod says f..k are you doin to me,i am living proof thank goodness for tht and for tht ive met all you fine people to LIVE another day gyco

Comment

on tht note its bed time for a couple of hours and then work nitee nt

Comment

I've also just had a rough night ... taking sleep-aids, melatonin and valerian. Nothing seemed to help until I remembered my yoga breathing. Try lying on your back and taking very deep breaths, holding in for a few counts and then deeply exhaling and holding again for a few counts. Concentrate on hearing your breaths ... helps to stop that mind racing from thought to thought... and puts you into a more relaxed state. Takes a little practice.

Comment

million thanks for all your great advice, I actually tried the warm milk with ovaltine last night( thanks Maddiva) and took a melatonin capsule for good measure, WELL......I have not had better sleep in years, I actually wanted to keep on sleeping through my alarm, BUT it works, for those who need a night of rest.
                    I could not do this without all of YOU, WE are in this together
                    :l

Comment

YES THE POWER OF THE OVALTINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD I AM GLAD YOU HAD A GOOD NIGHTS SLEEP. SLEEP IS THE BEST MEDICINE.

Comment

Working...
                      X