Eating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eating

Marbella posted about not wanting a drink AFTER dinner (posted on the "I lied" thread). Yesterday was day one for me and I really wanted a glass before dinner. Instead I focused on making my dinner as wonderful as I do for my dh and kids. I usually do something low cal, low carb or low whatever and then drink my calories. Last night I made a wonderful turkey sandwich on white bread (horrors!) with mayo (gasp!) and with all sorts of nice little added goodies.
    It was just the sort of thing that I would have taken time to make for a family member. For myself, I usually sneak around and eat salad or scarf cookie dough. It is always a Spartan diet or a Roman orgy as far as food for me. Anyway, I had no desire for a glass of anything after my nice dinner. I think it was a physical thing (low blood sugar) as well as a psychological thing (treating myself).
    I always learn something on this site. Marbella's post helped me make the connection.
    Sasha

Eating

Sasha - I Definitely have made the connection between low blood sugar and drinking. Instead of (like Normal people!) eating when hungry, that's when I think about AL.

So if I can just divert my attention long enough to eat something, I Usually don't want to drink! I've always been one not to drink after dinner at night...

I admit, at my worst, I would Deliberately drink on empty stomach, knowing I'd feel the effects faster!! (How crazy is that???)

So much of this process is becoming AWARE. Things we know but don't let come into our consiousness. And some things we don't know but that we read about here!

PS - Wishing I had some delish leftover turkey. Ate at friend's house - she was nice enough to give me enough for a sandwich, but...! I NEED MORE!! :H
    Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

Eating

I have never been or done AA but one of the things that have stuck with me -- learnt it here is the H.A.L.T. theory. Hungry, Angry, Lonely or Tired. It's amazing how often it's just that I am hungry and once I've had something to eat the craving or urge to drink passes.
      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Eating

Yes, I just learned H.A.L.T and it helped me out last evening when I was really angry about work and just kept telling myself that it didn't make sense to have a drink because I was angry since I would just be more likely to overdo it. It worked. I avoided having a drink and feel good today, instead of tired and still angry!

And I find myself eating more sweets and just food in general and that helps too :-)

Comment

Eating

Sasha I think you are 100% right. Eating!!!! sensibly does remove the craving. I have been giving it a go today, being really conscious. Am cooking now and going to sit down and eat it slowly.

Comment

Working...
          X