Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More than 1/2 way through day 2

Whew. :thanks:
    To all of you, to the universe and to me.

As pathetic as it is... I haven't done 2 days in months, possibly years.

The mixed blessing today is that I managed to take a tumble down the outside stairs (serves me right for not getting the snow/ice off) and I busted up one thumb and the other elbow. Sooooooooo... technically... even if I wanted to (which I honestly don't at the moment) I couldn't even open a bottle! :H

The universe has a peculiar sense of humor sometimes
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

:goodjob:You'll make it! Especially since you can't open a bottle!!!

Want to hear a funny story?? The other day I realized I had a pretty bad bruise on my arm that I didn't remember getting. I had a moment of panic, but then realized it wasn't because I was black-out drunk and running into things!! I just didn't remember!! I cherished that bruise for a couple of days!! So, be grateful for busting your a$$ - at least you were awake for it:H!

Comment

Great job sunshine on day 2. I've only gone 5 days in one stretch recently. Unfortunately I drank last night. I fell down my stairs in my drunken stooper - I do remember however, and have pretty purple ribs today. Feel better soon and definitely consider it a blessing not to be able to open the bottle, just don't use an opener!

Comment

Congratulations, sunshine! Keep up that determination!
        Be
        "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

dingbat;485113 wrote: :goodjob:You'll make it! Especially since you can't open a bottle!!!

Want to hear a funny story?? The other day I realized I had a pretty bad bruise on my arm that I didn't remember getting. I had a moment of panic, but then realized it wasn't because I was black-out drunk and running into things!! I just didn't remember!! I cherished that bruise for a couple of days!! So, be grateful for busting your a$$ - at least you were awake for it:H!
          Yup, I so can relate. Unfortunately, I'm no less clumsy when sober, but you're right, it's nice to actually remember WHY the bleep I'm so sore! :H

Comment

Hey sunshine
            Two days is not pathetic at all. Hope it leads to many more. Do you have some tools to help you? Day 4 can be a tough one sometimes so see if you can plan ahead for something to do for you trigger time so you are not white knuckling it. Movies maybe? Well done so far!
            BH

Comment

Well, I probably won't make it to day 4 AF this week... Big xmas bash on Saturday night. But that's alright. I'll have a glass of wine with dinner, no big deal. I don't get drunk in public. I have no trouble nursing a drink or 2 over the course of an evening (at an event, that is).

It's when I'm at home alone when I get myself in trouble

Comment

Sunshine,

I hear ya there. In public I can usually control myself, it is the nights at home where I have a hard time.

Tonight the BF is working and daughter is with her dad so normally would be a bad night for me. But I am having an AF beer and then I'm going to go have a hot bath and go to bed early. Need to make it to day 10 tomorrow and not going to F#$& it up this time!

Have a good night, take care of your bruises!

Love and hugs,
                Uni
                Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                :h

Comment

Working...
                X