Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm a little worried about tomorrow.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today is day 3 completley AF & its been 6 days since I have had more that one glass of wine, this is probaby the best I have been in 18 months since my drinking got out of hand.
    I am optomistic but also realistic, I know I might slip up but for now, for the last 3 days I have been sucessfull, I want to hold on to that .
    I wanted to drink tonight so badly, kept trying to justify in my mind that I could get a bottle of wine & " have just one glass" who am I kidding. but instead I came on line & it helped, I didnt evan go & do my grocery shopping cause I knew I would end buying a bottle of bubbly. instead I went & got some thing nice for tea & sat down & watched a favorite movie.
    But tomorrow worries me, sunday is my troublesome day, I used to start drinking about 3.30 in the afternoon as a treat, some treat that was, I would end up drinking two bottle's of bubbly & wake having to start my working week so disapointed in my self.
    I hope I can be as stong tomorrow as I was tonight, I think if I can get through the next couple of days I have a shot at spending December AF.
    Bessed Be
    XX
    *Witchy*
    Progress, not perfection!!!
    A craving wont kill me, but drinking could!!!

G'day there Witchy. 3 days?....That's great!..If you can get through the next day or two, it should get easier. You've already showed yourself you can spend the evenings alcohol free, so be strong on Sunday, and just do it!...don't have a drink, not one. You know what you have to do.. Jumping on this site is a great help, and a good, healthy distraction for awhile i find. Feck, i can get lost in all the info, and inspiring posts for hours!... Have you seen the 'Toolbox' thread?....worthwhile reading. Stay strong, and remember why you are doing this. G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hi there Witchywoman, go out and do something for the day, maybe go to a movie, shopping or go hiking (don't know what the weather is like there) but just keep yourself occupied so you don't even think about it. Do you have any friends that don't drink, that you can call and hang out with? Last time I had that horrible urge to drink, myself and my oldest daughter went Christmas shopping, then we went out to eat and I ordered a non-alcoholic drink, then we did more shopping, my point is I just kept busy, buy the time I got home the cravings were gone. I hope that helps.

Twosox

Comment

I almost forgot to say Great Job on 3 days!!

Comment

Working...
        X