A moderately successful weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, here was my first long weekend of Christmas parties, etc...

Thursday = 1.5 glasses of wine (hours of yapping and staying over at a friend's house)
    Friday = ZERO (whoohoo! ordered water and coffee at restaurant, then concert, etc.)
    Saturday = 3 glasses of wine and 1 Irish coffee (over a 9 hour period)
    Sunday = 2 glasses of wine

All in all not bad. I knew it wasn't going to be AF but there was also no danger of ever going over the limit. So, I will check this weekend off as a success.

Hope you all had a great one as well!
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Wow, that's great, I haven't even got to the Christmas party bit yet and I've screwed up already this December. This weekend in fact.
    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Damn, and today, I blew it.........

Well, what can I say? I made it through the whole damn weekend with flying colours; but it looks like I'm blowing it tonight. Just sold my truck/SUV... perhaps a bit of a mental let-down/let-go? Dunno. Another chapter of my life gone by, I suppose.

Just had so many damn changes recently; my 16 year old opted to live with his best friend and his mom (who's staying at my house for the winter), left my horse behind (32 years old and I'm missing her like the dickens - but thank God, she's well looked after, so is the kid), moved in with my b/f (first time in 15 years, things aren't on MY turf) and now, I don't even own a car anymore... oh my.

LOL - I think, I'm a bum.

Comment

Sunshine, it sounds like you have a lot on your plate at the moment.
        Hang in there, it does get better!
        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

*smile* I DO have a lot on my plate.. yes.
          But, it's really all good. So WHY the need to drink?

Yes, I miss my son - but he and I are a difficult lot to accommodate. We bring out the worst in each other, I think. I also miss my horse (hoping to get my fix this upcoming weekend); one of the gals I met on a horse forum lives 10 mins away from me and we're planning to go riding this weekend. Plus, I'm taking my son back after Christmas, going to see my lovely horse and friends and whatnot... so, all in all, everything is REALLY good.

WHY I think (and DO) I have to drink... I have no idea. I really don't. For the first time in over 10 years my life is GOOD - I mean REALLY good - and still... I've got this monkey on my back. Almost, like I'm sabotaging any happiness that's coming to me. Go figure.

Comment

Working...
          X