ODAT - MONDAY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - MONDAY

Welcome back Bandit ---- you're not alone in the struggling! Maybe there should be a "struggler's thread" ... just joking!

Comment

ODAT - MONDAY

Hi again - thanks guys, I've not given up totally, since i still come and lurk and read this thread every couple of days, even though I haven't posted. I still have these goals to not drink, but always seem to cave - it is so much easier!! Excessively busy at work these days and way over tired, so drinking wine every night is really not a help. I will keep trying.
      CS - I'm not a New Year's resolutioner type either, but maybe this year.......
      Bandit - let's keep checking in! It can only help, and really - I do miss all these peeps when I'm in avoidance mode!!!!!
      xoxo Peanut

Comment

ODAT - MONDAY

Hi Bandit, the hard times pass ay, you are doing awesome, just stay away from that first drink, and serenity will eventually be restored. Light reading, walking, going opp-shopping works for me...... hang in there!
        *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

ODAT - MONDAY

I had a hard night too - picked up the bottle of wine - looked at it, went "why, why do i need it? What's it going to accomplish" and I put it back down. Had a diet pepsi instead and the craving went away. And now I'm off to bed so I made it through the night sucessfully. I find once I get the first AF day after a bad weekend it makes it easeir to get another. So my goal this week is to do another 7 day stretch. Just came off the first 10 day stretch on friday, didn't do so well this weekend but did it today. Little goals first, that's my plan. And it seems to work okay for me - to those of you that are struggling, try a small plan - one day, two days........ask yourself why do you need that drink? Cause i think from most of us we are okay if we don't take the first drink......but after that it's downhill from there.

That's my ODAT plan this week - just don't take the first drink - sooner than later you will have one day, then 3 than 7.......My stretches are becoming longer and longer - liking that!

Love and hugs,
          Uni
          Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
          :h

Comment

ODAT - MONDAY

WOW uni - good on you. Do you think you are able to remove that bottle of wine from your house, or pour it out? You might be wise to?! Anyway, sleep well - no hangover ay!!!
            *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

ODAT - MONDAY

Hi Uni --- thanks for your encouragement. I stayed AF tonight too ... mostly by sitting here with my laptop and reading through a lot of posts all evening. It's now time for bed, so hoping to get some sleep and be a little more productive tomorrow. Christmas is sneaking up on me quick and I've fallen behind in preparation.
              Nite all! Catch you tomorrow!

Comment

ODAT - MONDAY

Bandit, Great to have you here. Stay close by. We will do everything that we can to help. I don't know where the time goes. I did not get half of the stuff done that I wanted to. I got some work done on my car, made dinner, went to an AA meeting, then to the Supermarket (yeah, again), and it is 10pm already. I have that night off and I so hope that I can sleep. I have an early morning appointment. What was I thinking? lol
                "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Working...
                X