Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 1 AF

Hello All.
    I found this site while looking for help with my drinking problem. I was a responsible drinker during the week but drank far too much on the weekends. Sometimes calling in sick to work (hangover). I go back to work tomorrow, I know I will be anxious, but reading other posts on here I now realise that I'm not the only one. I'm now taking Campral (I've tried a few times before, managed 6 weeks once). Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm in my mid 30's, single and gay.

Day 1 AF

Hi there looking4S - welcome! The anxiety is very common and natural in early sobriety - and it DOES wane with abstinence. This site is extremely encouraging, helpful and supportive - you are gauranteed a good measure of HOPE with the my way out crew. Keep reading and posting mate, and remember - alcoholism (problem drinking or whatever you are comfortable calling it) is heedless of colour, creed, race, gender and sexual identity....glad you are here!
    *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

Day 1 AF

Hi Looking forS,

welcome and keep checking in, you will find loads of friends and encouragement here. Keep your chin up, back to work , onwards we go.

we are here, just give us a shout if you are feeling bad, whatever, always somebody to write back with some wise words
      Live your life in such a way that
      when your feet hit the floor in the morning,
      Satan shudders & says...

'Oh sh*t the B!tch is awake!!'

Comment

Day 1 AF

Welcome L4S, you have come to the right place, stick around you will find loads of help.

Twosox

Comment

Day 1 AF

Hey looking4S!

Welcome! I'm so glad you posted! Several months ago, before I began the My Way Out program, my anxiety was so bad I was beginning to have my first anxiety attacks at the age of 47. I rarely have any anxiety now. You've had some good advice already and it's great you're being honest with yourself and tackling this while you're still young. Please continue reading and posting, okay?

Take care, :l
          Be
          "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Day 1 AF

Welcome L4S. This is a lifelong process, and certainly We are here for you and also you are here for us. It is hard to be single, but also a mixed blessing because as you will read here, spouses can be a help and a hindrance. Let us help give you the strength to meet your goals.

Comment

Day 1 AF

:welcome:

Welcome Looking 4- Anxiety is one of the worst things eve!! I remeber that feeling after a night of hard drinking....yuck...I hate it....check out the holsitc "healing thread" you will always find someone who is going thru the same thing as you and can find lots of advice...are you taking any meds for anxiety? (zoloft, lexapro) Getting on anti-anxiety meds has helped me a great deal.

Keep reading and posting and get yourself a plan.....talk to ya soon!
              :teeter:JAMMS

"I'm safe.. up high...no one can touch me...why do I feel this party's over?...."

"no pain..inside...you're my protection...how do I feel this good SOBER?!"

Comment

Day 1 AF

It is helpful to have a plan. A really great thread is the tool box thread. You can find it in the Monthly Abstinence thread, very first one...it's a "sticky." Some good advice on making and sticking to a plan is there. In the meantime, as everyone says, relax and believe in yourself and keep posting here.
                vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

Day 1 AF

hi l4s, are you wanting to live life alchohol free or as a moderate drinker?
                  Keeps x:happyheart:

Comment

Working...
                  X