Quit smoking and now quitting drinking!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys, seeing that this thread has bumped to the top again>>> After I last posted here, I smoked for another 2 or 3 days and decided that I am headin in the wrong direction. Have not smoked "cigarettes" since (aside for the past weekend where I didn't smoke ciggies, see my mary jane thread and that's also history now)
    Anycase, quit drinking, quit smoking, quitting sex next ( hahah... just joking)
    AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Nicotine is Nasty!!! (I have to keep telling myself that :-))
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

You are absolutely right Starts!!!!!!

How is it going with the patches?!!
        AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Well, I am on day 5!!! I am very proud of myself too. I never thought I would be able to even make the decision to quit my disgusting gum habit (up to 30 pieces a day for many years!) So although I am using the patches, I am sure that I will be able to wean myself off this...

Comment

Hi - Yes of course. I insist on having one or two cigs every night - don't know why - don't enjoy it - can do without wine so long as I have a cig - can do without cigs so long as I can still smoke one or two - but eventually I do them both together . . . . . . . good luck Px
            Short term goal 7 days AF

Comment

You will do this P. My nicotine habit went up a lot when I quit drinking. It seems to be that we need some sort of unhealthy crutch in our lives or so we think...no more though!

Comment

Starts, how long does the process with the patches take? a week or two? or does it take longer? (just curious)
                AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

Well, they have given me 3 months...but I think I will start reducing to a lesser strength patch after a couple of weeks..for me I havent had a ciggy in nearly 7 months, its the nicotine and the gum habit that got me so maybe its a little different? Will let you know.

Comment

oh wow, sounds like quite a long process. I thought it's a matter of 2 weeks max. Well good luck with it. By the way, the nicotine gums must have set you back quite a lot more than the ciggies or not? Arent' they bladdy expensive? as well as the patches? So the quicker you ween off, the better for your pocket as well, right?!
                    AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

Oh yes, that is another incentive for me to keep off them...they do cost a lot...what a waste of money eh? I guess it could be done quickly, or quicker, but I would rather take my time and beat this for good, if thats what it takes...I will be VERY cheap to run soon with all my bad habits gone!

Comment

True!!! Life seems so affordable when you don't spent most of your income on booze and nicotine, doesn't it!! (well still damn expensive but a lot better).

Anycase Starts, let me know how it goes!! Rather ween off sooner that later I think!!
                        AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

I will, thanks Johnny!

Comment

Alcohol and nicotine are both so addictive. I have fought with both for so many years. Glad to say they can be beat. The most important thing is to get right back up if we slip. A slip does not mean failure.
                            Matt

Comment

How did you give up smoking matt? Cold turkey?

Comment

Working...
                              X