Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fell off the wagon - DH might lose his job.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last night was not a good night - have been sort of maintaining/abstaining - trying to get over my demons. Lay offs are coming and DH is worried......so we both took in far too much AL.

So once again the hopelessness, sadness is upon me. I feel total despair right now.
    :new: Jas56

Hi Jas! Do you want to chat?
    :l
    LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Times are tough.we need to stick together and LOVE each other thru. PM me, if I can help.
      sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Thanks Evie & Looking to Grow. I am here. What do you do when your whole world is crumbling?

Comment

Hang on Jas and know that it will and has to get better, especially if that is what you want.
          "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Hey Jas,
            just hang in there. Times are tough all around but it WILL get better - history has proven that. Please don't despair - today is another day, and so is tomorrow.

Here if you need to talk.
            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

jas,

I grew up very poor and have a memory I'll never forget. I had two older brothers and they were hungry so they made peanut butter sandwiches. My mom came home from work (we had no dad) and I remember her screaming at them because now there would be no bread for lunch sandwiches for the rest of the week for us. We were all so scared and crying.

We made it. It can be so hard and scary. You will too, you'll make it. Drinking won't help, I can promise you that, hun. :l

Be
              "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Thanks everyone! I am proud that we did not drink last night - only cried and talked......

Of course today is Friday and DH wants me to go get a bottle and I basically said that if we do then the pure despair is so much more after a night of binging - which is exactly what we do...there doesn't seem to be a happy medium.....

Be - we grew up poor too as did DH but we have been doing rather well and were looking at the retirement package which would be locked in 9 yrs. He has been there all his life....along with the retirement package would come dental benefits, etc. - it just seems so unfair!

Gia, Sunshine & Beaches - thanks for the thoughts. I am going to pull myself together and go do a workout - I am sure that will help.

Comment

Jas,

This is for you :l

...and this is for your DH :l

Be :h
                  "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Working...
                  X