New Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Start

Hi Evie Lou and Wally ---- I noticed ABP said he'd been 10 years AF, and you Evie, 17 years. Just curious as to what triggered you to take a drink after all those years?
    Wally -- we're going to get some snow tonight, by the sounds of it! Take care!

Comment

New Start

APB,

It is harder this time because you are not in rehab. Been there done that.

When you are in rehab, they give you drugs, much stronger than they give you at doc's office, and you are IMMERSED in getting sober.

However, you can do it. Keep going to the meetings, keep posting here and get through those first two horrible weeks.

We will all be here for you.

Love,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

New Start

It was a Divorce that triggered me.Even though I was the one who asked for a divorce, it was unbelievably traumatic after 27 years of marriage.
        I also really thought that I would be OK after sooo many years AF...I was NOT OK...
        sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

New Start

I'm sorry Evie.Lou ---- I've been married 32 years, and yes, that would certainly trigger me as well! I started drinking more heavily after my Mom died suddenly at age 71 ... that was 9 years ago. I don't think I ever let myself grieve properly ... I was trying to stay strong. I can't say that's why I still drink, ---- it's just habit now.
          I'm sitting here with the computer on my lap, trying to stop myself from getting up to pour a drink. Watching the hockey game and alone ---- double triggers for a drink. But so far just reading/posting here is working!

Comment

New Start

Why?

New Day I was only AF 10 months but am not sure what triggered it.

I think it was beacuse i was complacent and thought i could control/moderate - didn't take long for the moderation theory to get smashed.

Decided this time to try and work out some of my trigger issues so am also seeing a physcologist/counsellor.

Also am really trying to get into spirituality/meditation more and let go as I think that helps.

The boozed is a complex beast - one day your fine and the next it consumes you. All i know in the 10 months without it I was a better individual and more like the person I want to be.

Am going to do everything I can to crack this thing.

At the moment for me the best things I find are support, understanding and encouragement.

So to all here :thanks::thanks:

I'll let you know how day 5 goes but each day it is getting a little easier and the confidence is slowly coming back - but can't rush or I might fall over.

Comment

New Start

Job

Keep Walking I know you're right on the job front but coming into xmas nothing's going to happen but you really made me think about keeping busy.

So next 3 weeks am going to sort out my home - Tidy house Tidy Mind
              Start doing some regular excercise and buying healthy foods and eating well.

Basically recharge so I can enter 2009 with a bit more confidence and energy.

Thanks for the post and kick start.

Am starting rebuild with a shave - it's incredible how we let our well being drop when we drink/relapse

Comment

New Start

APB, it sounds like you have a plan. Thats a great start.
                Once you begin to care about yourself, the rest will follow.
                Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Working...
                X