Just starting out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just starting out.

Hi I'm not sure how to begin the process of cutting down on drinking. Can you give me some advice how to deal with the cravings. I drink every day - usually gin and tonic and what started out as a glass a night is now moving on to 3 large glasses a night. I never drink during the day and never drink if I am driving. It's just the habit of coming home from work, pouring a drink, then another when I am cooking (I love to cook) then another.

Just starting out.

Hi Lily and Welcome to MWO!!

This is a wonderful place with some very caring people. I guess the first thing we usually recommend is the book. Easy read and affordable ($12.95?) It will help you understand what this is all about. Supplements and meds along with CDs and exercise are the basics. Everyone tailors it to their needs and what works for them. Kudzu and L-glut are great for cravings.

Stick around and read up, look forward to hearing about you

:l
    Ak
    :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Just starting out.

Thanks for the fast response! I've just ordered the book from Amazon. I'll also go to my local herbal store and get the supplements. Thank you again!

Comment

Just starting out.

Hi Lily and welcome to the site! The only supp I get from here is the Kudzu. I get everything else at Walmart. What supps are you thinking of taking?
        LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Just starting out.

Welcome to MWO ....Deciede what your goals are and then we can help you reach them.
          If it just a routine that you want to change then sit down and write a plan of action to do things differently.Find something you like to replace the alcohol.Take a warm bath, Play music, plan a picnic on the livingroom floor.If it is that you want NOT TO DRINK then you will need TOOLS to do that, as well.Reading the MWO book is a good place to start.
          sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Just starting out.

Lily R-:welcome: You sound like me. When I get home from work I look to pour a glass of wine or a beer or worse a vodka cocktail. Love holding that glass of wine as I'm stirring something on the stove. I too LOVE to cook!
            My advice is get and read the book. In the mean time get some Kudzu and L-glut from this site. After you read the book set a date to start the program. (believe me,you will be inspired by the people here)

I am starting the program right after the new year. (I read the book last night and I just order the cd's and supps this morning. Next week I see the Dr. about meds.) Perhaps you and I could take the journey together. Let me know if your interested. There is a great threads with a lot of good people doing the program together. Keep reading, Your gonna love it here.

p.s. be sure to post some recipes in the recipe forum. I'll lookout for them.
            :teeter:JAMMS

"I'm safe.. up high...no one can touch me...why do I feel this party's over?...."

"no pain..inside...you're my protection...how do I feel this good SOBER?!"

Comment

Just starting out.

I've bought some Kudzu from our local health store. I've ordered the book. JAMMS I would love to take the journey with you. I too intend to start the program on New Year's Day!!! I really don't want to stop drinking altogether, I just want to have more self-discipline. I made a conscious effort last night and had two large Gin and Tonics instead of three!!!!! I'm not sure about going to my doctor as I don't want to jeopardize my health insurance.

Thanks all of you for the support!

Lily

Comment

Just starting out.

well done LR looks like new years day willl be a turning point for a lot of us, have a look at the long term moderators forum, a lot of support there, the mod squad is a godsend x
                Keeps x:happyheart:

Comment

Just starting out.

Lily- That's great! I'm so glad you will be joining us. It should be some trip from what I've heard and read. My little girl is making it hard for me to post right now....I'll be back later
                  :teeter:JAMMS

"I'm safe.. up high...no one can touch me...why do I feel this party's over?...."

"no pain..inside...you're my protection...how do I feel this good SOBER?!"

Comment

Just starting out.

Not feeling too brilliant today. Had that "extra" drink last night. Get nervous, because I keep thinking that I MUST NOT have a drink tonight but know I will having the craving.

Comment

Working...
                    X