One day At A time Tuesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope every one meets there goals daughters birthday today she got one of those minature mouse house bakery things!!!!! SOOOOO intricate and small ......little loafs of bread little microscopic knives and plates little forks tiny bottles of milk and she asks this big steady eddie oaf to help her set it up with fingers the size of a semi trailer !!!!!WE did it and thank god!!!!! she nearly killed me when I put the little milk in the liitle cuboard instead of the little fridge:H
    Its been a long night all the best to every one:l cap

Hi everyone.

Just in and out today as it is a public holiday (I believe they say bank holiday in other parts of the world)!! and a beautifull hot one on top of it.

Hope you'll have a lovely day.
    AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

capt! Where have you been???? I missed posting a couple of days because of the storm (my ISP was down/up/down), and husband and child were home and being their nosy selves!

I think I'm going to try to find a PT job. I have to get out of the house. It's going to be hard, since my husband travels and I have no childcare, but I'm going to find something!! I always have such great timing! Worst economy in years and I'm going to try to find a job! Whhheeee, I'm sure it'll be great fun!!

Hope everyone is doing well and meets their goals for the day!

Comment

Dinngy any bum that doesnt give you a job is letting their buisness go down the tubes!!!!!!!! You have great timing Personally I can invisage you walkn through the door for a interview and the stocks go through the ROOF you are the fun WEEEEEEEEEEEE I can see it now dinngy gets job world markets suddenly rebound !!!!!seriously you are the best !!!!!!! Get outta the house WE the WORLD needs you NOW !!!!!
        Love cap

Comment

Good morning Capt and Dingbat, Dingbat I had the same situation a while ago, wanted a part time job, but where to go, where I could get the summers off and be able to be home to get my kids on and off the bus. My father-in-law suggested I work at the school cafe. (lunch lady), at first I wasn't to thrilled about the thought, but then I thought why not, so I went an filled out an application, started out as a substitute and now I am hired. I only work 3 hours a day, but it is a very busy 3 hours and I get to be home with my kids when they are home. You don't make a killing, but a little is something.

Have a Happy Tuesday,
          Twosox

Comment

I know someone who did the same thing twosox. And her hubby said it's pretty good money.

Morning Captn, ding,johnny! Busy day today. Wondering if I ever have one that isn't. I think it's my nature to be busy. I did wallow on the couch the other night and watched two movies in a row. Off I go - have a good day!
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Hi everyone

Lots of us mothers have the same problem. I guess a school is the only place that fits around our kids, either in the canteen, office etc. I went through a phase of wanting to get something and did a few interviews but nothing came of it. Now, I'm contented enough to fill my time with walking the dogs, courses, volunteer work etc. and of course the kids.

Having a cleaning day so this is just a quick check in. Catch you all later.

Rustop

Comment

Hi guys,

Just checking in before I'm off to work! We're not very busy right now which is nice becasue the past 2 months have been crazy for me. Pretty much right now (I'm in corporate sales) I am just at the office, go out for a bit to hand out calenders to clients, do X'mas shopping etc......). It's good cause come Jan/Feb it's crazy again so it's actually nice to be at the office but in a pretty vegged out state of mind.

Had an AF/NF night last night - didn't sleep great and have a bit of a cold but glad to be back on track.

I'll check in later.

Uni
                Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                :h

Comment

Hi guys

My binge drinking is usually only on Saturday night and Sunday afternoon. Monday is always a hangover. Tuesday is a great day because the hangover has lifted but by the end of the week I usually manage to convince myself that my drinking really isn't so bad. I am going to hang around this thread for a while just to remind myself why I came here in the first place - to stop my drinking and regain control of my life. I am aiming for a 30 day AF, the last time I went AF was for around 70 days 3 years ago. Since then I don't think I have lasted longer than 2 weeks.

Comment

ezzmae,
                    Your post is so honest shit never read a drier honest post so frank and honest!!!! Thanks >>> have you read the book ??? anyway welcome to the daters thread WE NEED YOU you seem so together not to say the rest of us are a mess quite the opposite actually The ODAT people are very focused sober people that dont want to scare others with BIG goals just little ones seems to work we have people reaching long term and beyond GOOD people here welcome

Comment

Hello All ODATers
                      Had a pretty decent night at work. I am on a lifting restriction because of the back injury. It is not too bad, just a strained muscle. I still have tons of Christmas shopping to do. I'm will still be shopping on the 23th. My goal is to finish the online gifts today or this evening before I go back to work. Hope you all have a great day. Welcome aboard EZZ. Like Capt. said, definitely read the book and formulate a plan that suits you. We are here to support you. Ask lots of questions. I think I drove people crazy with all my questions when I first came here, but everyone was patient and wonderful.
                      "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

HAAAA my sea "tons of Christmas shopping to do" can you do mine Im freakin out hear I got the left eye brow twitch Im in panic mode scalp itchy finger nails dont exist and Im scrathing my arse constantly HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP me Sea . Do I sound Like one of you patients only jokes I love my sea

Comment

Hi Odaters

Welcome to Ezz - you're in the right place just hang around and concentrate on the here and now - it's the only way!

Busy, busy, busy and don't know what to do next, cleaning, wrapping, putting up decorations or sitting and drinking a cup of tea? Yes I think that last one just clinched it! Have a really good one all of you.

Bx

Comment

Sounds like a wonderful day Cap!
                            "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

Sure is Tim

Comment

Working...
                              X