One day At A time Tuesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see your doing the fatherly thing....up all night putting presents together. Have a Happy Birthday Miss. Capt'n ! IAD.
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

Comment

Hi to all ODATers ---- great day today here too. COLD, but now snowing! Took a sleeping pill last night, as I had a completely sleepless night the night before. So, feeling much better today. Good thing too .... have a tennis practice in an hour. After that, I need to get a bit more shopping done. Going to have a nasty storm tomorrow, so want to limit how much I have to run around town in that!
      This is my umpteenth day 4 AF .... but the fact that it's a Tuesday instead of a Thursday (early weekend start) .... I have a feeling I'll get through tonight just fine. I'll be home alone, which is always tempting, so I'll be here tonight just in case.
      Thanks for everyone's support .... and I hope you all have a wonderful AF day!

Comment

It's 5pm here. My day is nearly over.

I went for a lovely run with my dogs this morning. I am reminding myself that if I drink now, I'll feel like crap tomorrow and want to stay in bed.

I'm going to make myself another cup of coffee.

Comment

Just back from visiting friends on E. coast of FL. Too much drinking. Yes, to the point where I made a bad decision... Not the end of the world, I guess, but kind of embarrassing - and just stupid!

I have thought of myself as a rather intelligent person, but now I'm really beginning to wonder!! Alcohol makes you stupid even if you start out as smart. Am I Choosing to be stupid?

And even after that, I'm still drinking. I hesitated to post at all, but I guess I feel the need to be honest.

I just blew aout $7 on cheap wine. Feel like I need to escape!

Signed,

Your stupid (maybe?) friend...

WHEN will I get my act together?!
          Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

savvy,

Don't feel bad, we're in the same boat but my bottle of wine last night was a whopping $5. I'm hungover and haven't done this in so long I can't even remember. I've been so stressed due to finances that I finally caved. The weirdest part is I didn't even want it. What I mean is, I'm on topa and the thought of the taste turned my stomach. Of course, that went away after the first glass.

I'm so pissed at myself. And so damn mad. And sad. This sucks. I liked it a lot better when I felt like I was helping others.

Be
            "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Wow - cheap wine gals!!! My cheapest is about $11-12, so it can really add up!

Savon, nice to hear from you - don't worry to much about things. Just get back on that wagon. Did you have alot of fun on your visit?? Florida would be grand about this time of year! My parents used to live in Naples every winter - snow birds??

Interesting about the children and work comments. I've always worked with having 3 children. I started having kids in university and ended up continuing with my education because I had kids - it seemed the best time, as I could be flexible in grad school and used a babysitter in the nearby town with 3 kids about the same age as my 3, who lived practically next door to the nursery school. When they began going to school, they took the school bus, and I just arranged it with my work that on the days my hubby worked early, I would go in a bit late and when he was working the later shift, he would get them off. I think I've always been fortunate to have a considerable amount of flexibility in my hours, as a research associate and that sort or work. There are a heck of alot of jobs where that kind of flexibilty is impossible and that must be soooooo hard with children!!! With this job I have now, I'm pretty well my own boss, so have been able to manage the children and run off from work whenever neccessary. Being separated and now divorced as well, there really was no choice for me to not work - have to support the family, you know?? Sometimes though, going through periods when the kids are sick, etc., then I really had thoughts of being a stay-at-home mom. Now my kids are older, I seem to have made it through(phew)- although my daughters still pester me at work with phone calls!!!! (I don't mind - they still seem to need alot from their old ma!!)

Beautiful day here today - the wind is down, and only -22C this morning (what's that? -10F?) Supposed to stay that way all week, and sunny!!!!

xoxoxo peanut

Comment

Well it looks like I made it through Day 4 successfully! Sat with the computer on my lap through the whole hockey game. I usually (read always!) have a bottle + wine while watching the game. I've had a relaxing tea and lots of water, while reading and posting on various threads tonight. It's worked! I'll be headed off to bed in a bit ... and happily!
                See you all tomorrow!

Comment

Fantastic post, New Day - huge congrats! Hope you sleep peacefully.

hi to all, - calm and serene here...been a good Wednesday thus far

X
                  *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

Good evening (almost morning for me again),
                    Very late check in for me today.

My days are getting busier, as I am sure everyone's is, with the holidays approaching.
                    That and I have a couple of major choices to make soon, in my life.

Today is day 30 AF for me, and in one half hour (midnight, meaning a full 30 days AF) I will have spent longer free from alcohol than I have since I had my last baby more that 10 years ago.

I am very proud of myself.

I wish you all a wonderful day to come.
                    Never give up trying to reach your goals!!
                    WE ARE WORTH IT.
                    Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

feeling bad

After Saturday and swearing never to drink again, I made it until last night (late Tuesday) and thought that "just one glass" of wine would be okay. Well, we know the story--a big bottle later and I fall asleep. My poor husband --where has his wife gone?

Wednesday morning now--work then therapy. Hopefully my book and CDs will arrive today. Going to ask the therapist for the Antabuse and get started on that --even (especially) with the holidays approaching.

right now I can't stand myself

Comment

Uppy good you ordered the book and cds the programme works!!!!!!! the feeling "right now I can't stand myself" subsides you will do fine!!!! keep posting and let us know how you are doing you are gonna feel better soon just dont drink its that simple
                        Love cap

Comment

Working...
                        X