Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie's Nest Tuesday, Dec 16th

Good Morning, dear nestlings!

I hope and trust that you are well this morning and look forward to a beautiful, productive day. I am!

Well, I had an interesting few days... Talked to my mom on the weekend (about AL, although not by choice-but I had confided in my dad a while back and of course, he spilled the beans - dumbass! LOL) - anywho, although I didn't much care for most of what my mom had to say, something did resonate with me... and I thought I might pass it along. She said (from a spouses/family member view - yes, my dad was/is an AL, but dry for over 20 years now) that it HELPS the family if you talk about it. Talk about how you are coping, feeling, struggling. It takes the guess work out for your loved ones, builds confidence and trust.

So... and I have a really, really hard time with that... I brought up the subject again with MY loved one. I HATE having to talk about this in person, I just want it GONE, out of my life, FORGOTTEN. Of course, it doesn't work that way. I also finally admitted, that having a wine cellar in the house is NOT a good thing for me (alone and working from home). So, there will be some changes to help me along.

Have a great Tuesday, everyone and stay strong, stay focused, and stay happy!
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Hi Sunshine,

Yes, it is hard to talk about - I have never had a conversation with anyone about how I feel about my drinking - kind of have that fear to bring it all out there so to speak.

I'm glad you are doing well though and have been able to have that conversation. I hope that someday I will be able to be open about it as well.

Until then.......today will be an AF day for me!

Have a great day all!
    Uni
    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
    :h

Comment

My hat's off to you Sunshine for having the talk with your loved one ... I'm sure you'll have great support at home as a result.
      I'm with you, Uni, I'm too ashamed to admit to anyone I know that I've got a problem. So, I'm really glad I found MWO where I can admit it and get the support I desperately need. It's very tough to do it on your own.

Comment

Hay fellow newbies,
        hope every one is having a sucessfull AF day, i am sucking back on soda water with lime juice over ice, i actually had a craving for it, one I was happy to give in to. I feel so much more alive AF than I did before, I am doing so more in the evening, reading books, visiting here on MWO, playing with my 3 very spoilt cats, I feel like I can even start writing again (poems - even though sme dont totally rhyme LOL), any way going to sign off, want to finish the Sharon Ozzbourne book about her life with Ozzy, (now theres a poster child to be AF & NF!!! LOL) later
        Witchy
        XX
        *Witchy*
        Progress, not perfection!!!
        A craving wont kill me, but drinking could!!!

Comment

Please don't yawn, Wally... it is sooooo contageous! :see: *yawn*

I've had a ROTTEN sleep last night - just fighting to stay awake and productive here... I SO wish I was 4 years old again and get to have a NAP! LOL

Comment

Hay Wally,
            its a good book, i've still got a bit to go, have just got past the bit ware he tried to kill Sharon in a drug/Alcolol induced bender, (he tried to strangle her) he has been in & out of rehab so many times,
            she is very frank about everything he did to her under the influence, he actually has a nurological disorder (probly not helped by years of Al/drugs) which is why he shakes & slurs. hope you have a lovely relaxing day, whats your weather like??? its finaly sunny today after about 3 weeks of overcast weather, thanks for your kind words the other night when I tripped. everyone here maskes it easier to keep on keeping on.
            later
            Witchy
            XX
            *Witchy*

Comment

hay Sunshine, who says you have to be 4 yrs old to have a nap, i love havein a wee sleep on a Saturday after nnon, in fact i sometimes get up at a rediculous time on Sat mornig (6am ) just so I can enjoy my afternoon sleep so much more. LOL. when i have my really bad bouts of insomnia, I used to come home in my lunch hour & grab a 1/2 sleep, the girls at work were under orders to ring me if I was more than 5 mins back rom lunch. LOL. have a great day,
              Witchy
              XX
              *Witchy*

Comment

LOL Witchy... I wish!
                I don't nap for 1/2 hour... I nap for THREE hours!

Comment

Working...
                X