Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Join Me In 7 Days AF!

Ezzy!

You get the very first 7 day AF present...and here it is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-T1h7J0R-Q[/video]]YouTube - The Wind Beneath My Wings: Bette Midler Live in 2008

Love, :h
    Be Attached files [img]/converted_files/744406=4464-attachment.jpg[/img]
    "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Join Me In 7 Days AF!

Hi Be, Yogini, starting and everyone, I did my 7days!!!

Yesterday I had x-mas party for children in the afternoon, what a blast. We played all kinds of games then Santa came took pics with everyone, hotchocolate and cookies. Last night was the adult x-mas party and I had 5 beers and one bottle of water. Not bad. I was a little tipsy but no where near a sloppy mess. We had a good time together. Got home early 1 am. (party started at 9pm) I am feeling fine this morning.

I'm AF now until x-mas day,my plan for x-mas is to enjoy a glass of wine or two and have gingerale in between.

I'm happy to say that because my hubby knows what I'm doing and is supportive, it's much easier to MOD. It's kind of like when I was drinking more AL he got pissed so it was fun, now that he knows I'm trying to MOD it's like he took the fun out of it, and now drinking AL moderately is more grown up feeling. Anyone know what I mean?

Anyway, I have lots to do over the next few days, as I'm sure most of us do.I will check in as often as I can but, if I miss anything or anyone...I want you, my MWO family, to know that you all mean so much to me, I'm very lucky to have you all and I wish you and your families happy, healthy holidays! xoxo :l
      :teeter:JAMMS

"I'm safe.. up high...no one can touch me...why do I feel this party's over?...."

"no pain..inside...you're my protection...how do I feel this good SOBER?!"

Comment

Join Me In 7 Days AF!

Day 6

Day 6 here and I?m feeling great. I finished the book Dry and am on to another one.

1more, I like to do yoga alone and do it with DVDs. I?ve thought of joining classes but I?m afraid I wouldn?t be able to completely relax and that?s so important in yoga. I?m afraid I wouldn?t be able to let go. :sun:

While eating breakfast this morning my daughter was putting on some lotion. She left to get dressed and I finished eating and was puttering around. I was picking some stuff off the kitchen table and panicked. There was the top off a mini. A mini is a very small bottle of wine, they come in packs of 4 and each one contains 6oz I think. I haven?t had those since this summer as they go down too quickly and just don?t go with what I?m trying to do now. I thought, ?where did that come from?!?. I was ashamed. When I picked it up I realized it was the top of my daughter?s lotion bottle. It?s funny how I used to think those little bottles of wine were so cute. They?re not so cute anymore. Well, I guess they are but I used to drink about 6 or 8 of them at a time. That?s not cute. :no:

Yogini, thanks for the book suggestions. I?ve written both of them down on my list and will definitely read them. I read an awful lot and just love this stuff. I can?t even begin to list the self-help/recovery/motivation books I?ve read. That might be a fun project to do in itself. And it looks like some congratulations are in order so?:exclamation:

Love,
        Be

Comment

Join Me In 7 Days AF!

yogini!

Because you're the second 7-day wonder, and you're so awsome at keeping up with your fitness regime, here's your present...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-T1h7J0R-Q[/video]]YouTube - The Wind Beneath My Wings: Bette Midler Live in 2008

Congratulations!

Love,
          Be Attached files [img]/converted_files/744449=4465-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

Join Me In 7 Days AF!

JAMMS,

Good for you for meeting your 7-day goal! Here's to you!

And even though it sounds like you'll be away for a while I hope you'll be in our
            thoughts. You'll sure be in mine. We had fun with Paw and I hope we hear from
            him soon, too.

Congratulations!
            Love,
            Be Attached files [img]/converted_files/744498=4469-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

Join Me In 7 Days AF!

:goodjob: Good Job EVERYONE!

:thanks: Be for all the neat graphics and song for making our first week ... tomorrow we will be CELEBRATING YOU!!

I'm onto day 9 ... Life is already MUCH better ... good things are happening that I don't think would be had I still been drinking.

I'm so sleepy so I gotta run!

Comment

Join Me In 7 Days AF!

Well done everyone. It's day 7 today isn't it?!

I'm on day 12 now and doing fine. I've had some serious struggles on the way.

Friday was our year end staff party with loads of booze. Made the evening and must say though the temptation was strong (the craving rather) after all I had a fantastic time. It was funny watching everyone else get drunk for once.
                AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Join Me In 7 Days AF!

Day 7

Day 7 here.

Well, when I make it through today I will have met this goal. Time to make a new one.

I know what you mean about watching people, johnny. It's fun, isn't it? I'm sorry to hear you struggled but I guess that's part of it. I remember when I did my first 30 days. I went over 30 because at that point I had decided I probably wasn't going to drink again. I didn't miss it. This was quite a while ago, after reading the book "Seven Weeks To Sobriety". I'd felt better than I had in years. I felt like myself, which is a bit hard to explain.

I remember when I had my first glass of wine after that AF stint. I stopped counting the days. I was out to dinner and decided to have a glass of wine. It didn't taste all that great but I had it anyway. Then I had another one because others were partying and that was that. Simple as that. I'm very sure if I had read MWO back then and had learned the tools I have now I would have been able to mod as I have been able to for most of the past several months.

Anyway, I'm getting off track. My point is, the more AF days in, the easier it gets. Quite a bit easier and I think it's because, for me, I began to develop new habits as much as anything.

I've lost some weight I noticed. I wish I weighed myself before these 7 days but I didn't. My clothes are looser and my face looks a bit thinner. I'll have to keep better track of that. How encouraging!

Take care, :l
                  Be

Comment

Join Me In 7 Days AF!

Yeah. I wish I had weighed myself. Yesterday I put on a pair of jeans I had not worn in about 2 or 3 weeks and they were sitting quite loose all of a sudden. What a pleasure.

The funniest part of the christmas party was the after party at my colleagues place. They were playing card games and all was fine untill they started playing Jenga (you know, the game where you stack up wooden blocks and need good coordination skills.) It was hillarious to see how everyone was struggling not to collapse the tower while it was easy for me.
                    AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Join Me In 7 Days AF!

Day 8

Well, by golly, I have now been AF for a week.

Thanks for all of the support and help! This has been a fun thread for me.

Now, what's next? I don't know. As I posted in the ODAT thread I am thinking seriously about my next step, so seriously in fact that I didn't sleep much last night. I'm not one for getting drunk. I just don't want that to be a part of who I am. Been there done that. I have been researching and recovering for about hmmm, 17 years now. MWO has been a very big help to me.

What inspired this 7 day AF time for me was prior to this I was either AF or modding. Then, one night, I bought a "tube" of wine (classy stuff, it has exactly 6 glasses in it) and drank the entire thing by myself. For no reason. That's just not what I'm about anymore.

johnny, one thing I like to watch, and this is probably terrible but I can't help it, are the drinking couples. I never noticed it until I began going to parties either AF or modding. (Modding meaning, for me, one or two glasses of wine.) The flirting that would go on when a couple got drunk amazed me! It was embarassing! I wondered about when they got home. Did they fight? Did they remember? Am I just glad it's not me? Why am I being so nosy? Yes, there's definitely a plus side to being sober at parties, LOL!

I hope others have gotten something from this thread. Thanks again, guys.

Love, :h
                      Be

Comment

Working...
                      X