One Day At A Time Wednesday (ODAT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upnorth when you go to these parties be really carefull.

I started again after going to one social function which was hosted by an alcohol company.

I gave into the pressure which was in my mind and had a drink. Lost 10 months AF in one night plus a hell of a lot more over the following weeks.

Might be an idea to tell people who offer you drinks at the parties that you're on medication that doesn't allow you to drink. Sounds silly but stops them hassling you and stops yourself as well.

Good luck and when you go to these parties only stay as long as you have to especially early on.

You can do this! We all can.

Comment

Hi ODATers

Just a quick note to say hi and wish you all a Merry Christmas.

Lost count, but doing just fine. Ups and downs Going to keep mod through the holidays and then its back on antabuse for me come Jan.

:l
      Ak
      :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Hi AKgirl --- nice to see you're still around! Hope all is well with you.... and a very Merry Christmas to you as well. I'm on my first day 5 when I haven't given in (yet anyway...LOL.... and in a couple of hours I'll be in bed). Ran around like mad doing shopping and errands because we've got a couple of big storms coming our way ... one on Friday and the other on Sunday, so wanted to get as much of the driving out of the way as I could. I'll spend the stormy days cleaning and wrapping gifts.
        Take care!

Comment

Quote "But why? I don't even know - had a good day, no reason for it". Uni you are so much like me Look I dont have the answer but i will share my experience. I have been taking the toppa and have had no cravings and felt really great confident in controll ... then we went out to this restraunt the waitress asked what we would like and it was like a automated response i said Ill have a glass of red thank you WHY???? then I got home and drank 2 bottles of wine and this is the really sick thoughts i was thinking I convinced my self that the toppa had stopped the cravings but I still wanted to try and drink I am convinced my addiction goes beyond surface cravings the answer is we need to be CONSTANTLY VIGILANT unfortunatley alcohol for me has become the snake at my foot mouth open ready to bite I dont wanna die of a snake bite i want to live therefore we need to be CONSTANTLY VIGILANT of our actions.

Comment

Thanks, ABP

I promise to be VERY careful--will skip many of them, tell people that I am on Meds (I have an autoimmune disorder that will be a great cover) and hang in there. I will most likely spend lots of time on this Forum Thread over the holidays.

Good night last night, managed to keep busy and avoid the cravings. :lalala: Will also spend the holidays ignoring those who say "just one won't hurt."

Comment

Working...
            X