Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm new and glad to be here, but scared

:new:

Hi. I'm just starting out with MWO. I've been on chat every night for the last week, but this is the 1st time I"ve posted. I've been partying since I was a teenager, and at some point it turned into an escape mechanism. It played a part in the end of my marriage, but that only intensified the need to escape, especially since I am truly on my own for the 1st time in my life. I was/am on meds for depression/anxiety, but drinking was immediate gratification, so to speak. I also have a group of friends that I hang out with and drinking is a big thing with them - like every night, and not just a little. So of course when I'm with them I get out of control, and that ended up causing a huge problem with my best friend. I know I need to get a grip on this, which is why I joined. My ultimate goal is to be able to mod, so I can make my life better instead of screwing it up. I still don't know how the whole program/forums work, and how the best way is to get the advice and support that I need, so any information would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to thank everyone who I've been on chat with for making me feel so welcome!:thanks:

Hi Maxie

How are you today? Glad you are here. Chat is great isn't it?

Not that I'm a pro, still working on it myself. But what info are you looking for? Do you have the book? It does recommend 30 days AF to start. But if you want to try mod first then get the supps and maybe consider the meds. They helped me. But I have to admit, you really have to commit, I didn't follow the plan like I should have. Just got busy and didn't try as hard. So I failed. But I'm still here and still fighting.

Nice to meet you and sending you good vibes
    :l
    Ak
    :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Welcome Maxie:welcome:, I am fairly new myself. I find this to be a great place to spend my time when not drinking. I suggest you pick up the supplements and the MWO book, this is a multifaceted approach. The support on here is an addition to all the other tools. I am still learning, it all takes time. All the best to you and come here often for help
      "Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance

Comment

Maxie
        Hey chat buddy -- good to see you posting. It is a good way to really get the most out of MWO and to meet the most people. Am in a bit of a hurry now; cleaning up dinner and just starting to decorate Cmas tree! Catch up with you later but just wanted to say hi and welcome again.

Comment

Maxie- Big welcome. Get the book, read it. Start supps and stay on the boards reading and posting.
          :teeter:JAMMS

"I'm safe.. up high...no one can touch me...why do I feel this party's over?...."

"no pain..inside...you're my protection...how do I feel this good SOBER?!"

Comment

Oops, my pc is going nutso, I didn't mean to post that reply I wasn't done yet....

Anyway, Maxie this place is freakin' great. I love it, most of us do. You will to. You absolutely must get the book. I've been posting for about a month but "lurked" around for a few weeks before that. I'm ready to start he program. My goal is to be able to control my drink. Instead of drink till I'm passed out. However, even though I want to MOD I never want to drink vodka again. Can't hanle it. Wine and beer only. Mostly wine.

Also you should get some kudzu while you wait for the book. It helps the craves alot.

Talk soon
            :l
            AF day#5
            :teeter:JAMMS

"I'm safe.. up high...no one can touch me...why do I feel this party's over?...."

"no pain..inside...you're my protection...how do I feel this good SOBER?!"

Comment

Working...
            X