ONE DAY AT A TIME Thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The end of the day here and I am about to go to bed. So far 4 days AF. My husband had a beer last night and I didn't flinch. Even better while I was out at the shops tonight I insisted (he was more than happy to do it himself) to stop at the liquor store and buy him some cider. Feeling pretty good right now, but I will wait and see if I am quite so perky about everything after 7 AF. Saturday night will be my bad time so I have made plans to meet friends at the gym on Sunday morning for a big session, something which I have done in the past with a hangover, but this time I am determined to maintain my sobriety. Christmas this year will be all about my children, not about how many cartons of beer we have in.

Comment

Good Morning all ODATer's ---- far too many of you right now for me to acknowledge individually ---- I've gotta be out of the house for a tennis match in 10 minutes. I've read your posts, so know that I'm sending good thoughts to those of you who are down/sick/frustrated ......... it's a tough time of year to be sure!

I'm feeling really good today, as I FINALLY made it over the dreaded day 4/5 wall! Here I am on day 6 for the very first time. That beast AL was talking to me last night, but with the computer on my lap, and reading through MWO posts with a glass of lemon water by my side, I managed to fight him off!

Thanks to all for being here, providing encouragement.

Will check in later this evening, when AL will probably start up with the chatter! LOL!

Wishing you all the strength to meet your goals today.:l

Comment

Just a quick check in; worked all night, then went shopping. I am hungry and tired. Hope those of you who are feeling ill, stressed, angry, etc...feel better soon. This is a very tough time of year. Most people that I know are stressed. I am doing well so far with the AF days. Something like 45 days. If I can be of help to anyone, please let me know.:l
        "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Hi all ODAT'rs

Well you learn something new every day. Always wanted to know how to delete history and now I do. Have nosy teenagers!! On day 6 and very, very busy. Spent all day cleaning, I'm getting there but still a lot to do. To those of you struggling, hang in there.

Rustop

Comment

same here!

Guess I am not the only one in a SO here I am! I am upset because tonight is "sisters" night and my turn to plan it. Meet at my little house, walk through my quaint little town, have a nice dinner and visit. But as usual at the last miniute, one sister took over, changed plans, invited others, so my house and town are out. Meeting near her house---again. Using weather as an excuse but this always happens and I am feeling put out. They all live in enormous homes in the ritzy city. Guess I am not--and never will be--good/rich enough. But if I bow out and stick to my original plan, I will be the bad guy, spoilsport, over-sensitive one.

Usually when I feel like this I come home and pour a drink even before I take off my coat--headed right to you for support. So I will encourage all of you--rotten husbands, bratty kids, sickness and depression--if you can give me a boost of whatever! Because Mr. Merlot is really calling me....

Comment

Tell your gentleman caller to take a HIKE!
              He's a lying SOB - he was here this afternoon, too - and got kicked out! LOL
              Seriously, I had a struggle this afternoon, too... opted to take a nap and I think the witching hour is over now. Do anything, everything, just don't give into Mr. Merlot!
              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Oh, hey upnorthgirl!! Thanks much for reminding me of my bratty kid:H!!! Yes, at the mall an hour and a half away then got the call that he got into a fight at school and I had to turn around and pick him up!! I was soooo po'd!! I'd put make-up on and everything!!!

As to sisters, mine's just too cool for me anymore!! I live in the boonies and she's in Atlanta. I'm married w/a kid and she's single and has a social life. She has a career and I stay at home. So, I know of what you speak!! Why don't you just tell them you aren't feeling well and so it's better that they meet there and you can stay home?? Personally, I'd tell them to blow it out their butts and just not go - but I'm not very nice:H!! In any event, don't drink because then you'll just feel even worse!!

Comment

Dingbat you crack me up. I hope you make that dog you're married to suffer every once in a while.
                  vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

Hah!! The only thing I can think of that would make him suffer would be the utter collapse of all satellite/cable TV transmission and the failure of all the hops crops in the world. Seriously, I have no affect or influence on him whatsoever. I literally talk to the walls in my house sometimes to make a point, but no one notices:boohoo:.

Comment

Dingbat--you made me laugh! That is good right now. I let myself be pressured into dinner with my sisters and I am heading out the door. Will keep you all in mind as I make idle chatter and listen to them talk about their lives which apparently are so much better than mine if you mean money. They are decent people, and I do love them. They just think of me as ....not one of them. I have learned it is okay to be different, the bleeding heart liberal. I know I am a better and more giving person.

Okay--so with that pep talk I am on my way, strong and ready for an AF night. Will check in when I get back.

God--I love you all for being here.:wings: You are my saviours.

Comment

Working...
                      X