X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie's Nest Thursday, Dec 18th

Happy Thursday, Nestlings!

Welcome to all newbie's and thumbs up to all old timers

It's the start of day 2 again for me but I've also decided to not put as much emphasis on 'in a row' and just appreciate the fact that there are more AF days than have been in a very long time. Still no sign of my supps - I do hope they will arrive here soon. Along with the last Christmas presents - oh my - nothing like leaving it to the last minute :blush:

Well, I hope you all have a wonderful day - I'm determined to put yet another AF day under my belt!

:l
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Good morning all, Good morning sunshine. Good attitude. Progress not perfection. Friday I will reach 50 days. It has not been without alot of trial and error and mixed emotions. I truely do miss a drink from time to time but I am afriad where I'll be if I start again. Just happy to be me right now and feel it all good or bad. Looking forward to the holiday and it being over as well. At least this year I won't make it more stressful with repeated hangovers.

Sunshine, I like the reality check thing and the commitment. I talk to myself alot as well. "I say does this train of thought have a caboose ?"

Comment

Morning newbies,
      - hay kat, well done on day 50, that is an awesome achievement. I am on day 17 your oment "progress not perfection" speaks to me alot, when i started this journey back to reality, I knew tht I would stumble but as long as I was moving forward it would be ok, since I made the decision to go AF I have had only 2 glasses of wine in these 17 days, previoulsly i would have gone "oh well may as well finish the bottle" etc , but instead i emptied it down the sink, so yea i reallly like "progress not perfection".
      anyway must go & have some breakfast, to day is my last day at work then on holiday for next week, I am so looking forward to it, haope everyone has a great day.
      Witchy
      XX
      *Witchy*
      Progress, not perfection!!!
      A craving wont kill me, but drinking could!!!

Comment

"I say does this train of thought have a caboose ?"
        LOL - I like that!

Witchy - good for you! Yeah, let's always aim for progress; I'm with you!

Comment

Hello everyone, I have been stumbling alot these days, but overall I am drinking on less days than before. So there is progress, just I am finding this tougher than I thought. I plan to abstain for a month in January, because I go back to my old ways in one day.
          "Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance

Comment

Glad you stumbled in here tonight, swans!

Trust me, we all are stumbling (I am, for sure!) and every little success builds a little more confidence, I think. Glad to have you onboard!

Comment

sunshine_gg;498355 wrote: Glad you stumbled in here tonight, swans!

Trust me, we all are stumbling (I am, for sure!) and every little success builds a little more confidence, I think. Glad to have you onboard!

Thanks Sunshine, the support means alot, I am keeping as busy as can be
              "Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance

Comment

Gret to see you, swans - keep on keeping on! You have a goal - hit the fecker fair on!!! Good one!
                *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

Working...
                X