30 days!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30 days!

I can't believe I am finally here, last couple of days I have been having some really weird drinking dreams, last night I dreamed it was today, my day 30 and I went to a friends, she was drinking beer and asked if I wanted one, so I did, but this time, unlike my other dream, I drank the beer, I can remember feeling guilty, thinking I didn't really make it because I just blew away my day 30, then I remember I couldn't wait to go home and get into the wine, again I awoke relieved it was just a dream. These past couple of days the urges have been horrible, I can't help but to think it is due to our Christmas Eve party creeping up, the beast keeps telling me it is ok to have just one glass of wine, but I know that is unlikely, I don't want to drink at all. I hope I am strong enough to make it through.

Here is to another 30 days, I wish everyone well and strength to make it through the holidays.

Twosox :l

30 days!

Woo Hoo! Congrats Twosox!!
    That is a major achievement for you..
    Yes those drinking dreams can be a nuisance but they do pass.
    You will be strong enough to make it through...keep on telling yourself that you are ...it works!
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

30 days!

Congratulations, twosox!
      "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

30 days!

Congratulations, Twosox! It is amazing, and gets even better. I have had a couple of drinking dreams, where I drank before I remembered that I don't do that any more, and then was in a hysterical panic. Those were early on, none lately! We all know stress, too well, but even more so, this time of year. Stay strong! You are amazing and an inspiration to others! Hugs! Best
        "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

30 days!

Congrats!!! I knew you'd do it! Feels great doesn't it?? Pat yourself on the back and maybe buy yourself a prezzie!

Comment

30 days!

Awesome, Twosox!! 30 days is life changing, isn't it?

Love,
            Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

30 days!

:wd:

Way to Go TwoSox! Rock ON!!
              "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

30 days!

Hey!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have done SO WELL!! You really have. Be proud of yourself.

Now listen, when i got to 30 days i found myself lost! Please listen to me when i say, DO NOT DRINK, DO NOT REWARD YOURSELF. Start another 30 days RIGHT NOW. I did all of the above and well, BAD BAD BADDDDDD idea.

Keep sober!! You're GREAT

Comment

30 days!

Huge congratulations, 2Sox!!!

Yeah those dreams are scary.... and I think that's a good thing. For me, it's like having the full benefit of seeing how bad I would feel when if I were to drink, without really having had any alcohol. Very scary AND very helpful, in that way...

Comment

30 days!

WTG

You can make it thru the Christmas party sober. Have faith in yourself. We have faith in you.

I agree with lil.michelle. Strength comes in numbers, thats why we are here!!!

Julie
                    AF Since December 2006

Comment

30 days!

Congrats twosox!
                      You should be so proud! Such a great accomplishment. You made it through some tough times, I'm certain. I'm sure there will be more ahead but you take it one day at a time, sometimes one minute and remember how great it feels to be sober, without hangovers! You are doing GREAT!!! These holidays are hard for all of us! Lets all just keep supporting each other during these tough days!!!
                      Keep going with it! You can do it!! Christmas eve with some warm apple cider. Kroger sells sugar free spiced apple cider here and it is delightful in front of a warm fire! And calorie free! I had some last eve when it was 8 degrees here!

I'm on day 7 today! I am really feeling well. Last May I made it to 21 days and drank "just a glass of wine" and it was all over for me. That's just me. I'm an all or none'er. I have learned that after trying to control this beast for 20 years.

Hang tough. Keep posting and we'll be here supporting you in reaching your goals. Great job 2sox!
                      Bridget

" little by little, we travel far "
                      - Tolkein

Comment

30 days!

What a great Xmas gift you gave to yourself 2soxers, Congrats to you.
                        DLW
                        Sobriety since October 2008 ( with a few bumps in the road ) - but I am still here, strong and fighting every day for my sobriety!
                        And every day is a challenge - But I am WINNING so far!

• Yesterday is History
                          Today is a Mystery
                          Tomorrow is a GIFT

Comment

30 days!

Thank you all so much for you support, I know now more than ever I need to start another 30 immediately and stop thinking I can have a glass of wine Christmas Eve. I definitely don't want to blow it, it is wonderful knowing I can survive and live life AF.

Twosox :l

Comment

30 days!

THIRTY DAYS!!!! Awesome!!! Congrats, TwoSox - huge pat on the back!

And, an even bigger pat for not giving in these last few days! You are my hero :l
                            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

30 days!

roud: Congrats on the 30 days--you must be feeling great!

Comment

Working...
                              X